Chapter 9 - That Doesn't Mean I Like Her Does It?

The Bad Boys Good Girl

ImUndercover

Chapter Nine - That Doesn't Mean I Like Her, Does It?

.

.

.

.

Ryder's P.O.V

"Dude, where you about to kiss her?" Joe exclaims once he's pulled me over to all the other boys.

"What? No." Was I going to kiss her? I sure as hell thought about doing it..

"That's not what it looked like from here!" Cody shakes his head.

"I wasn't going to."

"Dude, it's okay if you was,"

"I wasn't!" I flip.

"Seriously though dude, what's up with you and her? Do you like her?'

"No." Do I?

"Good, because we didn't want things to be awkward." all the boys sigh in relief.

"Why would it be awkward?"

"I don't know - just say, she didn't like you back.. what would happen then?" Dylan questions.

"I don't like her that way anyway, so we don't have to worry about it."

"Okay dude," Dylan punches my shoulder playfully and Joe gives me a smirk before walking away, back in the direction on Tessa, who's now sat by the lake.

I pull a box out my back pocket of my trousers and grab a cigarette.

I hate the fact that I smoke, but it just relieves some of the stress I've been storing inside of me for way too long. It's like a pain relief, and it just clouds my dark thoughts for a while.

I grab the lighter, and push the cigarette into my mouth once it's been lit; slowing inhaling, and exhaling the smoke.

I watch as Joe takes a seat next to Tessa when he reaches her and wraps his arm around her tiny waist.

That little fucker.

---

Winter break is just around the corner and I am usually ecstatic; no drama or bullshit for three whole weeks. Not this year though.

This year, I can tell already, is going to be shit. Every year, me and the boys usually do a load of fun stuff, but I'm not planning on speaking to Joe any time soon after the little stunt he pulled on Tessa a few days ago.

He fucking kissed her.

Right in front of my face.

And she didn't pull away.

Actually, I don't know what happened after he went in for the kiss since I stormed off right away and called Cindy, the queen-bee of the school - who may, or may not have, laid me.

What can I say? I needed something to relieve the massive hole that was pierced into my heart after seeing them, and the cigarettes were certainly not doing the trick.

I just can't believe that he would do that to me. I mean, sure, I did tell him I have no feelings for her, other than friendship of course, but that doesn't mean he can do that.

Does it?

I'm confused about my feeling towards her, if I'm honest, and he doesn't seem to care. I feel this really tingly thing inside of me when I'm around her, and when she smiles, I can't help but smile too. Sometimes she makes my heart beat way too fast, and others my palm just turn way too sweaty.