Chapter 2 - I'm Not Attractive Anyway So Who Gives A Shit?

The Bad Boys Good Girl

ImUndercover

Chapter Two: I'm Not Attractive Anyway So Who Gives A Shit?

-

School came to an end three long, boring lessons later.

To say I was angry at my best friend would be an understatement. She, being the lovely friend she is, left me alone all day to face the hell hole which is school. But not only that, we made a start on our business studies assignment and for the first time in this goddamned class we were granted the right to choice our own partner, and me - being the very sociable person I am; note the sarcasm - was left very much partnerless. Great.

Ms. Gregory said me being alone was purely because there was odd number of students present in class today, but that was a lie.

There was twenty four very not-eager-to-learn students, including me. Meaning there is enough pupils for twelve pairs of two. But because of three girls huddled together who glared at me with the 'don't you dare try and split one of us to work with you' eyes, I was left to do all the work on the assignment alone, as will I for another three weeks. What a joy my life is.

I am kind of glad that I didn't get partnered with someone though. I mean, if I couldn't have Rebecca as a partner, I would prefer to be alone.

It's not because I'm hugely weird - I'm just a little bit weird - I just get really shy and nervous around people; sometimes even my grandmother, who I live with. That may sound crazy to you, but that's what my condition does to me.

A lot of people have a condition the same, if not similar to mine, but it's harder for some people to control.

Nobody knows about my condition, besides me, my grandmother and Rebecca, of course, and I would like it to stay like that.

I hope it stays like that.

---

"How was school, sweetie?" my grandmother greets me when I return home.

I just shrug my shoulders. There's not much to say really. It wasn't good, it wasn't bad. It wasn't really anything. I was alone and bored all day, simple as.

"Dinner will be ready in an hour," she calls as I make my way up the stairs.

I plop myself down on my bed and pull my phone out from my bag to ring Rebecca.

We talk about everything, and anything, we can squeeze in the short hour I have before dinner; most of which consisted of me arguing with her to come into school tomorrow despite the awful flu she has.

She agrees and it's victory for me.

For dinner my grandmother has prepared a grilled chicken breast with baby potatoes and way too much salad for my liking. Being the polite person I am though, I clear my plate without so much as a complaint.

I wash our empty plates, and let my Grandmother go and rest her feet before returning back to my room. My room is small but I have everything I need.

A wooden bookshelf covers the right of the room, facing the window which takes up pretty much the whole of the left wall, leaving me with next to nothing space for my wardrobe and pop-star posters. In between this, I have managed to squeeze in a bed, a door which leads to an en-suite and a television.

How I managed to do it, I have no idea.

----

After waking up, my morning goes rather quickly. I shower, I change, I eat, and before I know it I am walking the hallways of school in search of my best friend.

My eyes scan from left to right as I make my way to our lockers, where I know she will be. I am proven right, when her hazel eyes meet mine.

Her blonde hair is tied back into a low pony, and her round, black glasses rest on the top of her nose. She doesn't need glasses, believe it or not, she just uses it to be all hipster or something; I've never actually asked about it in too much detail. By looking at her I wouldn't of known she has the flu.

"You bitch," my finger points towards her as I approach her. I am shy towards everyone, but when it comes to Rebecca that shyness just disappears. I guess it's because she knows about my condition and she's there for me and helps me deal with it in ways nobody else can. It's the perks of having a best friend.

"What have it told you Tessa? Swearing isn't attractive." she tuts.

"I'm not attractive anyway so who gives a shit?"

She shakes her head in disapproval, "I may just have to go and tell your Grandma then."

Knowing Rebecca, and knowing she actually would do that just to spite me, I giggle and decide to continue what I was going to say before she distracted me.

"I can't believe you've left me partnerless in Business,"

"I'm sorry," she says but I can sense the sarcasm in her voice. "Anyways, who cares? You'll be partnerless, and so will I, she might let us partner up."

"Yeah, maybe." I say doubtfully.

When I look up to meet her eyes, I notice they are wide and staring behind me. I am kind of wary to turn around, so I don't.

"Becca, what is it?" My voice barely audible, I am quite scared if I am honest.

"Earth to beccaaaa," I drag the final word and wave my hand in front of her face and she snaps out of her.. daydream?

"Holy banana balls," I cringe at her choice of words. She is too random. "Mr Hottie over is totally checking out your butt," she rushes her words, which are no louder than a whisper.

I cautiously turn around and I am almost certain my heart is beating too fast and a heart attack is about to occur.

The Ryder Black has his eyes on my butt.

My face turns a deep red and my mouth turns dry. I almost want to scream 'perv' down the hallway but decide against when I realise how many eyes would be looking at me.

I can feel Rebecca's eyes on me, and I can tell she wants to say something but when I turn around and send her an evil glare she smiles innocently and drags me off to Spanish class as quick as she can before anyone else makes me uncomfortable by looking at me and my butt.

"Date prisa y sentarse; eres tarde!" Miss Grace yells at us the moment we walk into class.

We just stare at her blankly, before hurrying into the full class.

How on earth are we meant to know what she's saying?

I have been taking Spanish for two whole years, and I've only got the basic covered: Hola - and I still can't pronounce it correctly.

I don't even know why I took this class in the first place; most probably because Rebecca chose it.

The lesson passes surprising quick considering I wasn't listening to a word the teacher spoke; I daydreamed about him, of course.

I hate the way I feel, about him of all people. It could of been someone who's kind, and caring but instead I got the opposite; an asshole with a prick of an attitude.

I collect my books and shove them carelessly into my bag. I can fix them when I get home.

As I turn around the corridor corner, my head smacks against something hard.

"Ouch," I rub my forehead.

And as if he hadn't caused enough problems in my life; God just feels like meddling with me a little more, because before me stands Ryder - looking more handsome than usual, may I add.

----

(a/n)

okay so I mightn't be able to update as regular as I thought because I have some things happening (which I'm not going to discuss) and school is starting soon so I have to stay focused.

I am still going to make time for this though so don't worry about that!

and sorry about shorter update than the last :(

love you xo