Chapter 23- Prophecy

ACACIA P.O.V

Chiron has called an emergency meeting to discuss the quest with everyone. I look up and see the worry in Leo's eyes and realize that he must not have wanted this. Rachel, a mortal is there too. Leo told me she was our Oracle. Fancy having a mortal for a Oracle! I think.

Suddenly Rachel's knees buckle, her assistants catch her. Rachel's eyes glow and she coughs out cloudy green smoke. I look around to see that nobody else is startled by this. Rachel opens her mouth and recites some strange words:

Constellations fleeing from the sky,

brings new trouble for human kind.

2 from each force shall take this quest,

lured by the gifts of what they think is best.

Glowing lights shall mark your path,

Horrifying deaths shall be the last.

Rachel blinks and the smoke disappears from her mouth.            

'Seems to me like we have a new prophecy.' Annabeth pipes up.

'DUH brainy-ac!' Yells an Ares camper. 

'Two from each force...' Leo says as he gestures towards the Amazons and Hunters. 'Hunters, Amazons and Campers. Two from each.'

Nobody looks too happy, but no one says anything.

'Constellations?' Asks a Hunter

'Yes.' Chiron confirms. 'We have discovered that constellations are disappearing.'

I look up at Leo and he shrugs apologetically. How could he not have told me?

'Looks as if at least 2 people going are going to die.' I say, frightening myself with my own voice. Chiron nods sadly with agreement. 

'Who will go?' Asks a Amazon. 

'Leo is a must.' I say 'Now we just have to choose the other people.' I tug Leo's sleeve, trying to hint him that I wanted to go. Everyone looks at Leo and waits for his answer.

'Uh...' I mumbles, fiddling with wires. 'I'll go with Annab-' Suddenly Rachel jumps up.

'It has to be her.' Rachel says pointing towards me. 'I can foresee it.' 

Heads turn towards me and I blush. Leo wasn't going to choose me. I think sadly. 

'Who volunteers from the Amazons and the Hunters?' Chiron asks

'I'll go.' Says a tall blond hunter. 

'I'll go with you Summer.' Thalia says, placing an encouraging hand on Summer's shoulder. 

Two of the Amazons step up.

'I will fight till my last breath.' Says Bristle

'I shall go with my sister.' Ash says proudly, raising up her spear. 

'When is the deadline?' Summer asks

Annabeth taps on her laptop for a while.

'In exactly 4 weeks time.' She says, barely glancing up.

'How do you know?'

'Because that's how long it takes for the constellations to grow on the earth. Once they've adapted, there is nothing we can do.' 

'We better get started.' Says Ash 'Any ideas on-'

'That's quite enough for today.' Chiron says, looking at our worried faces. 'You can start tomorrow.'

Everybody walks away and goes back to their activities with a panicked murmur. I reach for Leo's hand and lace it with mine. Suddenly, my tears overwhelm me and I have a sudden urge to cry. 

Gods of Olympus, what is going on...

VOTE AND COMMENT PLZ!