Chapter 20- The Scroll

LEO P.O.V

I walk towards my Cabin, but Annabeth stops me at the door.

'Leo I want to know what's happening.' She says with her intense grey eyes. 'I saw you with that crane earlier and I want to know what it said to you.'

 'Why are you so curious?'

She shrugs.

'I'm the child of Athena, it's my nature to be curious. I hate not knowing.'

 I draw a circle with my foot on the ground.

'The crane gave me a scroll.' I say pulling it out of my pocket.

She holds out her hand and I give it to her

'1.' She reads out. 'Catch and tame the the Teumessian fox.' Her eyes grow wide with shock as she looks up to the cloudy white sky. 'Oh my Gods.' She mumbles.

'What?'

'The Teumessian fox was a fox destined never to be captured, then one day, Zeus cast it into the stars. If it's free then that could mean...'

'Foxes are falling from the sky?'

She glares at me and rolls her eyes.

'Don't you see?' She fumes. 'The stars are no longer stable to hold all the creatures. They are alive again!'

Her eyes travel down to the scroll. 'There's nothing left.' She mumbles as she narrows her eyes.

'Just a whole lot of dusty space.' I confirm.

She pushes the scroll into my chest.

'The constellations have been reborn.' She says 'This makes no sense.' Her eyes drift across the horizon.

'I'm gonna die aren't I?'

She looks at me

'You have a high chance.'

'Woo hoo! I shall laugh in the face of death!'

Her eyebrows scrunch up and she stares at me with distaste.

'Will you take Acacia?' She whispers

'You know I wont put her through this.'

'She'll never forgive you if you don't take her.'

'I know.'

'This is your biggest challenge yet Leo.  I have a feeling... I can foresee a terrible fate.'

Sorry it's so short. I just wanted this chapter to explain the quest

VOTE PLZ! COMMENTS APPRECIATED!