Chapter 13- Bunker 9

ACACIA P.O.V

I head towards Bunker 9 with a tray of food and a magical goblet. Michael said Leo was here.

Why didn't Leo come to dinner? Did something happen? All these questions almost made my head explode, so I decided to shrug it off. 

The closer I walk up to Bunker 9, the more banging sounds I can hear.

I place the tray on the ground and knock on the door. 

'Leo!' I call out

The tinkering stops, the door swings open and Leo grins at me.

'Hey Princess.' He says wiping grease off his forehead.

I cross my arms over my chest stubbornly.

'Why didn't you come to dinner?' I demand, still angry and upset.

Leo chuckles and taps his head with his ruler.

'I was busy.' He answers as he leads me into the room.

Bunker 9 was amazing. The walls were plastered with diagrams and sketches, weapons were displayed and  scraps of metal were placed neatly into a pile. The room was painted copper brown and metallic odor lingered in the air. In the centre of the room was a table full of drawings, balls of scrunched up paper, pencils and eraser dust.

But, it was the back of the room that grabbed my attention. I couldn't decide on what it was. Leo had apparently covered it with a sheet of fabric. 

'What's that?' I ask, pointing to the object with curiosity.

'Nothing at all.' Leo said nervously, gaining sudden interest in his shoes.

 I decide not to question him about it.

I grab the tray of food from outside and bring it to him.

He raises his eyebrows and looks at me, grinning. 

'What's this?' 

'It's dinner.' 

He laughs and takes the tray. 

I smile back at him.

'I'm not sure what you like.. so I took a bit of everything.' I say, suddenly hesitant.

He nods and sits himself on a wooden chair and takes a bit out of the pizza. 

He wont stop smiling at me.

'It's cold.' He finally said.

'Yeah, I hope summer will come soon.'

'That's not what I meant.' He says and points to the food with that cheeky grin of his. 

'Sorry,' I say blushing. 'I took a while for me to figure out you were here.'

'Don't worry about it.' He says playfully. 'Thanks for bringing food to me.'

'Your welcome fire boy.' I smile. 'Are you staying up all night?' I ask concerned 

He thinks for a bit.

'I was planning to.' He answers. 'But, I don't think you'll let me.'

I laugh.

'You know I wont.'

'Yeah, you'd probably kill me before I get a chance.'

I smile and hug him, yawning.

'You coming to the camp fire?' I ask

'Nah, I'll stay here for a while.'

I feel vaguely disappointed, it would have been nice to have Leo there with me.

He kisses my head and holds me tight.

'I think you need some sleep.' He says smiling

I let go of him and step out of the room.

'Sleep tight Princess!' He waves

'Bye Leo.' I mumble as I shuffle towards the door. My body falters from dizziness, but Leo catches me and cuddles me in his arms. 

'Acacia?' He says, his voice pained with worry.

I hug his waist in a baby position and yawn.

'I'm so tired.' I whisper

I can imagine him smiling.

'Your such a trouble...' He chuckles, as he strokes my hair and allows me to doze off.

4 VOTES FOR ME TO CONTINUE PLZ! (THE NEXT CHAPTER COULD BE A LITTLE LATE) COMMENTS APPRECIATED

(IF U LIKE MY STORY PLZ FOLLOW ME, I WILL DEDICATE A CHAPTER TO YOU! )

TO VOTE CLICK THE STAR NEXT TO THE SHARE BUTTON ON THE TOP RIGHT HAND SIDE OF YOUR PAGE!