CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

I woke up suddenly, my body dripping in sweat. Aiden's arms were tight around me. His breath was blowing on my face. I moved his hands slowly off me and got out of bed.

Slowly I walked down stairs, trying to not make a lot of noise. I yawned and looked out into the backyard. The sky was dim, and the trees where blowing. I walked back upstairs put some clothes on and packed my bag. 'What was I doing? I didn't want my children to grow up in a broken family like I did. So why was I making everything so difficult?' I needed to ask myself this question.

Walking back down the stairs I wrote a note.

'Thanks for everything.. -S.M'

I pulled my phone out of my bag and called a late night cab. It arrived shortly after and drove me home. When I arrived home the house was dark but a light was on upstairs, most likely coming from Mr Adams study. I walked inside and the house was cold, the hallway was dark so I switched a light on. "Spencer? Is that you?" Mr Adams said.

"Yeah, sorry did I disturb you?" I asked?

"No not at all, are you alright? You've worried Isaac you know?" He said in a soft tone.

"I'm fine, and I know I've been a bitch lately but my life isn't, how it used to be, and I'm so tired all the time. I don't what I'm doing with myself anymore?"

"Look things happen for reasons Spencer, some not being explained, but you and Isaac met for a reason, you fell pregnant for a reason; well maybe if you wore protection you wouldn't of, but that doesn't mean anything. You're gonna be an amazing mother and you need to take responsibility for every action, because for you to be yourself, you can't rely on other people to make you happy." Mr Adams finished and took a deep breath.

I walked up to him and hugged him tightly; "Thank you." I said. He hugged me back and said goodnight. He walked off back upstairs and I walked off to my room. Pushing the door open I dropped my bag onto my desk, I walked over to my wardrobe and pulled out a pair of sleeping shorts and a shirt. I pulled off my other clothes and shoes and replaced them.

I grabbed my dirty clothes, switched off my bedroom light and walked to the laundry. Dropping my clothes in the laundry basket I turned around and flashing lights came from Isaac's room, his tv was probably on. I turned his doorknob and opened his door slightly, I saw him laying on his bed, asleep and half naked; he has shorts on just no top, but that didn't bother me.

I walked into his room grabbing the remote from his side table, I switched the tv off, got into bed as well and pulled the doona over us. I lay in bed for awhile thinking about things, trying to figure out what I was gonna say to him. He hurt me, but I hurt him too. Maybe it's best if we start over again?

"I don't ever wanna see your face again, those children deserve better, they deserve to know that there mother is 'easy'. Isaac said angrily.

"No I'm not! Please don't say those things, I love you..

My eyes shot open, 'Thank god that was dream?; no more like nightmare.' Why was I having nightmares now, I know I've stuffed up lately, but why nightmares, and why like that?

I rolled over; Isaac's eyes stared at me, he blinked like he didn't recognise me in the dark light. "Are you alright Spence?" My heart stopped for a moment.

I nodded my head, "yeah just a bad dream."

"Isaac. I started to speak, thinking my words through I continued. "I wanna start fresh?"

He paused. "I don't know spencer, I don't want to start over. I feel that we had a major misunderstanding, I know now that I was wrong and you were wrong....