CHAPTER TWO

I decided to drop Ebony off at school today and we took the bus instead of being dropped off by car. I got to school earlier than normal, and as soon as I walked through the doors I saw Isaac looking into his locker.

"Spencer, how are you?" Isaac asked, smiling at me.

"Isaac! You scared me." I said, he didn't; I knew he was there.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine, sorry." I replied. He stared at me like he knew I was lying.

I stared back at him and he started talking again. "Look after camp, I don't want things to be awkward between us, you know. You are one of my only real friends in this entire suck ass school. So I'm sorry if I stuffed up what we had together before all of this."

"Nothing could ever change the way I think of you Isaac, don't ever apologise to me, look we both agreed to have sex, it just didn't happen the way I imagined it or planned it. Apparently that's always how it goes." I replied.

"Yeah I know, it was the same way for me. Maybe next time it might be better." he added.

Next time I thought to myself, there was going to be next time? Bring it on!

A big bulky guy called Garrett walked up towards us, I didn't like it one bit, he was a real jerk and loved to think all the girls swooned over him. Pfft they didn't.

He stalled in front of Isaac and me and looked at me before turning directly to Isaac.

"Hey Garrett, what's up?" Isaac said, fist pumping him.

Garret looked at Isaac, pointed at me and stared back to Isaac, like I was some unknown animal species. Isaac finally got the memo and introduced me. "Sorry Rhett, this is Spencer, Spencer Mckenzie."

Garret raised an eyebrow. "Who is she and why are you talking to her?" Garret said to Isaac loud enough for me to hear.

"Hello, I have perfect hearing thank you. I can hear you when you talk about me Garrett maybe instead of being a jerk just ask me next time hey." I said, Isaac moved a little closer to me and was obviously impressed that I knew how to handle myself when it came to assholes. I had learned a trick or two from my best friend.

Garrett stood still and stared at me for awhile as I was probably one of the only girls in the entire school who had perfect eyesight and saw him for who he really was. He straightened up, standing tall trying to intimidate me, which it didn't work; it just made me laugh. "You're a real piece of work aren't you? I'll catch you later in class Isaac." Garret walked off and not once did he turned around to look back at us.

"I'm really sorry about Rhett, he has his flaws, but he can be a really nice person, I promise." Isaac said.

"Well that's very obvious, you don't have to promise me anything, it's not like I'm going to be his friend anytime soon. I think he's a real sad lonely little boy if anything."

"Yeah I understand what you mean, he has a lot of problems." Isaac continued talking

"Don't we all have problems? Sometimes it's best to leave those problems else where and not dump them on everyone else." I butted in, cause what Isaac said really pissed me off.

"I have to go grab my books from my locker, and head to class early." I finished talking and stared at Isaac.

"Talk later?" He asked me.

"Sure thing." I replied, he leant down to hug me and I hugged him back. His body was warm and I felt so happy yet so pissed off at the same time.

I walked down the hallway towards my locker, opened it, grabbed the books I needed and placed them into my school back for my first class.