Prologue

In the land of Cascata, in the city of Ardine, and in the year 1243, there lived a queen and king, by the names of Queen Ariana, and King Azam. Now Queen Ariana was pregnant with her first child. And one of the Queen's attendants liked to believe that she knew everything there was to know about her Highness's pregnancy. So when the time finally came, Natania, the attendant, found the midwives who were on hand and they went into the Queen's chamber. Natania waited outside the room, waiting for the cry of a babe. But it was awhile before any sound came, she was starting to get worried when the silence was shattered by the sound of a newborn. Natania knocked on the door anxious to see the next monarch, but she was not admitted for another five minutes. Finally she was given permission to enter the room. The babe was very small, though not premature, and it was a girl.
The news travelled throughout all of Cascata, and even to the land beyond the Ira Sea.
But unfortunately their happiness did not last long. Natania knew the whole story from heart. It was a sad and unbelievable story.
Two foreign men impersonating soldiers of the Royal Guard, took the babe and disappeared into the night never to be seen again. No one knew who the men were, or what they wanted, they only knew that the queen and king's only child had been kidnapped, and probably, was no more.