Chapter 10~

~~~Chapter 10~~~

I was speechless. Noah was expecting something in return but nothing would come out of my mouth. He just admitted to stalking me, practically. How would you reply to that?

I couldn't; so, I didn't. I just got up from my seat and ran to Luke, without any word to him.

What is going on...

"Listen, Luke, I have an emergency to go to...I'll be here next class and stay in after class and you'll teach me? Is that alright?" I was obviously in a hurry so he nodded his head in agreement and let me out.

He looked confused but at the same time worried.

I didn't glance back at Noah while I ran but I could feel his hurt stare on the back of my head. It did make me feel really bad but what more could I possibly do?

I didn't want to bother Connor so I just ran back home. It was quick because I was lost in thought.

What will I do?

What if he still does kickboxing?

What if he won't stop trying?

What if he starts to hate me and tries to get me killed?

Okay, so the last thought was a bit out of line (fine then, a lot). He was one of them so what did you expect me to think?

But Noah was a nice guy; I didn't truly believe that he would do that ..did I?

I was so concentrated in contemplating my position that I didn't realise Connor was standing right in front of me. For some reason, I had stopped running but I hadn't even realised.

Connor was waving his hand in front of my face, waiting for me to respond.

How long had I been running for?

"Belinda? You look a bit pale," he stated, looking a little concerned. "You want to go home and we'll grab you a drink."

I suddenly realised a little puppy sniffing my feet.

Its soft fur was brushing against my bare legs and I almost squealed in surprise.

"Since when did we have a dog?" I asked Connor, bending down to give the puppy a little ruffle.

It licked my hand and cuddled up to me. Aw, what a little cracker! I looked at the dog. It had white and brown fur and it looked absolutely adorable.

"You sound a little off. Come on, let's go back and I'll make something. Come on Monty, come on." He switched his voice from being pacifying with me to playful with Monty, the dog.

I couldn't resist a smile when he put on that voice. It was adorable. I'd never seen him talk to anyone like that. Was that how talked to children?

It was amazing how he sounded adorable and sexy at the same time.

He was patting Monty while I walked and talking softly to him. Monty's tail was wagging happily, panting from the heat but still looked like he had some energy in him.

I breathed in the fresh, sort of humid, air into my lungs and closed my eyes for a little, while walking. I could hear my own heart beating rapidly because I had obviously been running for a while. However, what was really on my mind was that fact that Noah had said something a little disturbing to me.

Stalking was completely forbbiden here but since most of the population didn't know we were living along with mythical creatures, I doubt Noah really cared about obeying that law.