chapter 21- daddy

hey i know i said i was going to write lots more this summer and i intented to untill i had to work pratcically everyday, i have been trying to write and would like to thank everyone as always for sticking with me through this!

i intent to get this finished by the end of october just in time for the watty awards so please vote comment fan tell your friends anything you could do to help i would be so grateful for!

Chapter 21

I replayed these 3 words in my head over and over. Meet your dad. I didn’t know whether to be happy or cry. This man sitting in front of me is my dad, I couldn’t comprehend it. I looked closely at him; he had dark brown practically black hair, silver hairs coming through at the sides, it looked like he had run his hands through it, sweeping it back. He had a beard thing around his mouth, again almost black with stray silver hairs. His eyes a deep brown, and his skin was a similar complexion to my own. This time seeing him dressed he wore a crisp white shirt, no tie and the top two buttons undone. His suit trousers were black, and he also wore black shoes. All in all I couldn’t really see any resemblance to him, I mean I’ve always known I have looked like my mum, but always held on to the fact maybe I looked like my dad too, the perfect mix. Apparently not!

A good 5 minutes had passed now with no one saying a word. I think I have remained totally calm considering I just found out who my dad is. Well I say found out I don’t even know his name! In fact I don’t know anything about this man claiming to be my father. So many questions flying into my head, as each one did I could feel myself getting angrier and angrier, my blood starting to boil. That’s when I heard him cough as if trying to get my attention. I looked up realising I had been closing my eyes the whole time. “This all must be a bit of a shock” he spoke; his voice is nothing like I imagined. I thought it would be business man like, abrupt and to the point, but instead it was soft but deep and very calm. Then I comprehended what he has said. “A bit of a shock! I am sorry but after 18 years I come home to find some random guy in my mums bed and the next thing I know he happens to be the man who had impregnated my mother, I think a bit of a shock is he understatement of the century, don’t you?” he smirked at me. I mean he smirked at me, oh why the hell is he smirking at me! “You look amused; I strangely enough can’t seem to find the amusing side.” He looked up into my eyes “You look and sound just like your mother, that’s all” he mumbled. “Oh” was I all I managed to spit out. At this point mum decided it was probably a good time to speak, hopefully to start explain some of this mess. “Grace I know this is hard and strange but I think I should tell you what has happened.” She looks at me with her please just let me explain look. I nod, not being able to speak.

“Well you see Grace about 6 months ago just before you went back to school I had a business trip to London, do you remember?” Once again I just nod, she continued, “Well at the time all I was told was that our company was merging with another and that I had to secure the deal, so with this in mind I had no idea what to expect apart from a normal business deal." she looked at him, him, that sounds so rude but that's all I know him as, I must find out his name. Continuing "when I got there we went into the meeting room of Parker enterprise, I didn't think anything of it, but looking across at me from the CEO sit was the man I fell in love with just with an older look, your dad, Peter Parker." ah his name I thought, who would have though my dad had the same name as Spiderman, brilliant! I always knew his last name was Parker because mum had always made it clear that I had my, at the time, mysterious fathers last name.