Chapter 13 - What can you do?

heyy everyone sorry its been so long had loads of really important exams anyway hope you like it and you know what to do COMMENT-VOTE-FAN :)

Chapter 13

It’s now been a few weeks since that night with Jonah, and not a lot has changed.  He has become sneakier now with the beatings, only placing bruises where they cannot be seen. The beatings themselves had never been as bad as the one that night but some were getting extremely close. When he was done he would still continue to cry and shake and repeatedly tell me he was sorry, or that he didn’t mean to and how he loved me so much. Every time like the fool I am forgave him, he’d try and make it up to me, buy me presents, be extra nice for a couple of days, well until I stepped out of line again.  Jonah now wanted sex most of the time, especially after he had hit me, a way to prove his love he said. When I say no he still manages to make me, he has this way of persuasion. Although when sometimes I have said no he hasn’t tried anything that was the sweet side of him. I mean yes I hate the evil side of Jonah, the side that hurts me but when he was acting nice and sweet it’s like when I first met him. People at school didn’t have a clue of course, not even my friends, Jonah had most of the school adoring him. Most of the teachers thought he was an excellent student and made the cutest couple, apparently we were even nominated for the cutest couple of the term. The one person who of course wasn’t fascinated over Jonah like everyone else was Eli. Eli has been strange these past weeks, he’ll go through stages of being the sweet nice guy and then in a day it would all change to the arse hole again. When we went back Monday, after that night, he seemed torn like he wanted to do something but like he wasn’t allowed. He was pretty moody that day, but I didn’t expect anything different with his past behaviour. Sometimes in lessons he would look at me with a cheeky grin on his face as if to say hey, but the next of course would be that same pained teacher expression. Mum had been away a lot recently, so she would never notice the bruises or how Jonah used to behave. When we were alone Jonah would be the guy I loved, we could sit for hours together laughing and joking then he would change. He has eased up on letting me see my friends a lot now seeing as Amanda had a go at him for keeping me all to him. I actually hadn’t seen him a lot this week, I mean school he was like glue but he would say he could trust me to be alone with friends. We had a Christmas show coming up in a weeks on the last day of term, Jonah knew that the band was singing so he let us get on with it and concentrated on his football, the main reason we hadn’t seen a lot of each other after school.

Today was a Saturday and I knew Jonah would probably be round this afternoon. It was about 11 and I had just come down out of the shower. I really couldn’t be bothered with anything today so I decided to stay in my sweats and put a jumper on. Mum was due back mid-week after her weekend trip, so I knew I had the house to myself. I walked into the living room and collapsed on the sofa, while grabbing the remote. I must have started watching a re run of glee for about 20 minutes when there was a knock at the door. I looked at the time and thought it couldn’t be Jonah as 1. He usually let himself in and 2. I knew he was with his mum this morning. I thought I must just leave it as I really couldn’t be arsed to move but then they knocked again. I tore myself away from the sofa and muttered expletives until I approached it. When I opened it, a guy was standing there, he was about 5’8, had black straight hair and was in dark denim jeans and a jacket I couldn’t see his face as he had his back to me. “Hello?” I asked grumpily. The guy turned automatically and I soon recognised him. “Hey Grace Erm this is slightly awkward but is there any chance I could come in for a bit?” he said a bit sheepishly. “Yeah your right awkward and why?” I asked now curious. “Well I kind of lost my key to Eli’s place and I can’t get in until he gets back and its cold out here please?” he looked at me with puppy dog eyes and with a pout. “Fine but any whores you have stay outside” I said dead seriously. His face was an absolute picture, his mouth fell open and then it turned into a mock offended look, “I don’t go with whores, only sluts, I have standards” he said walking in. I looked at him after closing the door and we both burst into fits of laughter.