Twenty - "You miss her, Justin."

Library Love Diaries

Twenty – “You miss her, Justin.”

Justin

It has been almost two hours and Rosalie still hadn’t come. I was desperately looking at the door which people used for entrance to the library and everyone else came but not her.

I couldn’t even concentrate on reading my book. It was strange actually. She didn’t reply me yesterday night and when I called her, it straight went to her voicemail and she didn’t respond to my text messages. I was kind of worried now.

I know I sound like clingy ass boyfriend right now but I think I missed her. It was like I was very much attached to her in a matter of a week which was way too fast.

I adjusted my glasses while continuing to concentrate on the book I was currently reading. I was struggling so badly in doing so. I felt a couple of eyes fall on me but I chose to ignore them and bury myself mentally into reading this book properly.

I was continuously reading one particular again and again but still didn’t understand since my mind was somewhere else. I am so absent minded. I know where my mind was wandering. It was thinking about her.

I still remember how I saw her on the first day when she was entering the library. She was struggling since she was nervous as hell. Her coffee was on her one hand and she was listening to music via her earphones. The way her purse was troubling her. I remember it all. I know it hasn’t been so long but I still remember each and everything perfectly and clearly.

“Justin,” I heard Mrs. Jones calling me from behind. She was standing right beside my seat where I was currently residing.

“Yes, Mrs. Jones?” I asked absent-mindedly. “Look at me,” She said. I sighed and looked at her.

“What’s the matter, dear? You look so down.” She asked sitting beside me. “Nothing,” I answer and avoid any kind of eye contact with at this moment.

“Stop lying kid,” She sighs. “I’m not lying, Mrs. Jones,” And that itself was the biggest lie that I have ever spoken.

She furrows her eyebrows at me, a stern look playing on her face and I look away. She knows better than I know myself and I think she might have figured it by now that why was I feeling all down all of a sudden?

“You miss her Justin,” She said and looked at me, smiling. I chose to stay quiet since she was right, maybe.

Who am I kidding? She was probably the most obvious and the truthful thing. I was an idiot to not to accept. Though a part of me did know the fact that I was missing her like crazy but the other one just didn’t want to accept that most obvious thing.

A small blush immediately crept on my face without any notice. Mrs. Jones let out a small giggle which made me smile like an idiot.

“Admit it already. You’ve got it bad.” She laughed lightly and said. “Maybe,” I chose this diplomatic reply as my answer to her statement.

“Anyways, how’s Pattie doing?” Mrs. Jones decided to ask me. I let out a sigh. “She’s gone to visit nonna. Mom will be back by today evening.” I told Mrs. Jones.

“Oh,”

“Justin, you had your lunch since it’s already lunch time,” She said. I wasn’t hungry anyways. I so wanted to have lunch with Rosalie. To be honest, I loved talking to her. The way she talks and the way she laughs just makes me happy. I know this sounds extremely cliché but I think that’s the truth.

“I’m not hungry Mrs. Jones,” I stated. “I have had some breakfast so I’m not really in the mood.” I said, speaking the hundred percent truth.

“Are you sure?” She asked as she was ready to get up any moment now.

“Positive. You should go ahead,” I smiled knowingly at her. She’s always been like this ever since I met her. Mrs. Jones would always ask me whether I had my lunch or dinner properly and it kind of annoyed me at first but I learned to live with it. It was like how she took care of me like a mother itself. Mrs. Jones was actually like a second mother to me.

“Fine, but if you are hungry just go and grab something eatable from the food court. If you want the money, I’ll leave it for you here.” She insisted. Honestly, I loved how she cared about me. “Mrs. Jones, I have money. Chill.” I smiled at her and she sighed in relief.

“Okay, but if you want anything el—“ I cut her off. “Of course I will,” I replied her without any hesitation. “Okay, I’ll be having my lunch now, if you need anything just ask me.” I said and smiled ear to ear.

She patted on my back and went outside to feed herself with some lunch which was provided in the food court of the mall.

As soon as Mrs. Jones, my phone buzzed and I realized that there was message I had received. I instantly cheered up and thought it was Rosalie who had decided to reply to my text messaged to her, finally.

Boy I was wrong.

Instead it was message from my mom.

From: Mom

Message: Hi Justin. I’ll be home by 7 PM maximum. Just thought I would inform you. Love you.

I read the message and sighed. Thank god she was coming back early, home. I wonder why she had gone to visit my nonna; my mother’s mother on such a short notice. I hope everything was fine now.

A few seconds later, my phone started to ring which caused many people who were so into reading their books glared at me and almost killed me in their mind.

“Sorry,” I mumbled awkwardly and quickly made it on silence. Before I got the chance to pick it up, it became a missed call.

When I was about to check whose call it was, it started vibrating again and instantly a smile crept on my lips. I was relieved now.

It was Rosalie who was calling me.

--

Chapter Twenty Guys!

I hope y’all liked it :)

Aw Justin was missing Rosalie and he finally admitted that. Wow so we are officially on chapter twenty!

Anyways guys thanks for 9K votes and bring this story at #286 in Short Story and #787 in Romance. It seriously means a lot to me. Love y’all.

Thanks for reading!

Twitter: @deeplyjustins

-Masumi