Three - "It is love at first sight."

Library Love Diaries

Three – “It is love at first sight.”

Justin

And she had gone.

It felt like she had taken something from me and had left. A part of me was gone. Everything felt so dull without her. Her presence made everything alive and so fresh.

Even though I had seen her like an hour ago but I think I was in love. This may not sound practical and real at all but that’s what I was feeling right now.

Remembering the moments that took a few minutes ago, I smiled at myself. The way she got all flustered when she saw me looking at her. The way she covered her face with the book she was reading and would just sneak to look whether I was still looking at her or not. The way she got all nervous when I came near her when she was getting her book issue and the way she got all shy when I was in the same space near her when I was taking a new book to read from the shelf.

I couldn’t help but smile at these moments.

I was now not interested in reading the book which rested on the table in front of me. I know that before she even came over here I didn’t feel the feelings that I am feeling at this moment of time.

I so wanted to go behind her and chase her. But I didn’t do that because I didn’t want her to be uncomfortable and get creeped out with me. That’s the reason I had this expressionless emotion playing on my face when she left the library.

Seeing my sad face, Mrs. Jones came and sat beside me. “What’s the matter?” She asks nicely. I adjust my glasses and sigh.

“Nothing,” I answer.

“Justin, do I look like a 5 year old kid to you?” Mrs. Jones asked and I looked up at her face. A smug smile played on her face. “Justin, I know when you lie and when you don’t okay.”

“Seriously, it’s nothing.” I shrugged. “Are you sure?” She asked raising her eyebrow. “Yeah,” I said nodding my head a bit.

“Justin, you can tell me anything okay.” She smiled and patted my back. “Yeah, of course Mrs. Jones.” I smiled slightly at her.

“Good.” She said and got up. After she went I closed the book I was reading and kept it back in the shelf.

Exiting the library, I shove my hands in my jeans pocket and just look around. Walking around, I stop at this ice-cream parlor which was located inside the mall.

When I was about to order my ice-cream, my phone rang which resulted me to groan. “Excuse me,” I said to the person standing there to take my order and picked up my call.

“Hi mom,” I said as I played with my car keys. “Hi honey. When are you coming home?” She asked as I furrowed my eyebrows.

“I’ll be home before midnight, mom.” I told her. “Try to make it as early as possible.” Mom said from the other line.

“Do you have some work?” I asked. Mom never tells me to come home early and this was new to me.

“No no,” She chuckled nervously. “Are you sure, mom?” I raised my eyebrows. “Positive, honey.” She said sweetly.

“Okay I’ll see you then.” I said and hung up.

Mom was actually acting weird.

Till now, she never has told me to come home early or stuff like that. You know what they say? Mom’s actually act all different and weird sometimes.

Shrugging off that thought, I went and once again stood in the queue to buy an ice-cream. My eyes suddenly darted towards the clock hanging on the wall.

It was 7:56 PM already.

“Good evening Sir. What would you like to have?” A cheerful girl asked. I smiled and said my order, “One Dutch Chocolate Ice-Cream please,”

“It will be here in a minute sir,” The girl said and went inside to bring my order. Till then I checked my phone and smiled to myself as I saw the picture in front of me.

I had by mistakenly taken a picture of that girl. Seriously I hadn’t taken it on purpose. The thing was that when I was near the shelf to find myself a new book, my hand suddenly pressed on the camera app on my phone and thus her picture got clicked.

I seriously didn’t do it on purpose but I was glad it happened.

I know I look like a creep at this moment but it was bound to happen.

The waitress returned with my ice-cream and I paid her.

“Thank you Sir. Have a nice day!” She once again said in her cheerful voice. “You too,” I smiled and exited the ice-cream parlor.

As soon as I exited, I ate my ice-cream and looked around the mall.

Walking around, I look through various shops and keep eating my ice-cream.

Suddenly someone bumps into me and I groan as my ice-cream landed on my favorite t-shirt.

“What the hell?!” I said as I had an irritated expression playing on my face. I wiped my t-shirt with the tissue I already had when I had bought the ice-cream.

“Sorry,” A kid who seemed to be 14 years old said and adjusted his glasses. “Watch where you are going kid.” I said annoyed.

“Fine,” The kid said with an attitude and walked away. Kids these days have a lot of attitude.

I quickly go to the hallway and find a washroom. Going inside, I grab a tissue paper which was kept near the wash basin and wet it. Cleaning my t-shirt properly, I sigh satisfied and throw the tissue paper inside the dustbin.

I look myself at mirror and just stare at my reflection. It was something different.

“Justin, seriously, have some guts dude!”

My conscience said to me. What the hell?

Shrugging it off, I styled my hair properly and exited the washroom. As I went out of the washroom and entered the hallway, this time I bumped into someone.

“Ouch,” A soft feminine voice said. Even the ‘ouch’ sounded so melodious and beautiful to me.

“Sorry,” I mumbled. I looked up to see it was that girl Oh shit.

As soon as she saw me, an alarmed expression took up on her face.

“It’s okay.” She said and walked away in hurry. I could nothing but just look at her. I swear I could stare at 24/7 and I sure as hell wouldn’t get tired.

She did look back twice and immediately look ahead getting shy at the fact that I was still looking at her.

I guess this is what love feels like, huh?

It is love at first sight.

--

Chapter Three hola!

I hope y’all liked it :)

Aren’t both of them just so cute lol. What did y’all think?

Thanks for reading loves!

Twitter: @smhjustins

-Masumi