Chapter Twenty-Three: Finally.

-Cody's POV-

Written by breatheforthismoment

  I watched as Evelyn stormed out of the forest as fast as she could, tears stinging her eyes. I could hear Curly calling her name, clearly right behind her, but she ignored him, rushing to the water. Everybody on the island looked up at the sound, confused by her sudden fury. I immediatly felt the anger build up inside of me, knowing that whatever had made her upset was Harry's fault. What if he had said that he didn't want the baby? I was going to kill him. Mutilate him, actually.

  Finally reaching her destination, she rested her elbow on the boulder in front of the entrance to the water and heaved, spewing the contents of her stomach. I winced at the sight, vomit never failing to make me queasy. Liam quickly made his way over to me, sitting down in the sand to my right, obviously curious as to whether or not I knew something. I barely acknowledged him, too worried about my best friend. She swung her hair over her shoulder and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, wheeling around to stare at us, "Stop fucking looking at me!" She screamed, breaking down into uncontrollable sobs and falling to her knees in front of us all, a sight that I had never seen before. I raised my hands to my mouth and gasped, wondering what on earth that douche-bag had said to her, "Fucking stop!" She cried, throwing her hands out in front of her, throwing up yet again.

  "What in the world-" Liam began, but allowed his sentence to trail off. My eyes caught Harry's green ones, narrowing them the longer I stared at him. He was in shock, but under my piercing stare, finally jumped into action, and booked it across the beach over to the crumbling Evelyn. Everybody seemed to have some sort of hint that Harry upset her, and they all stared after him, not giving them an ounce of privacy.

  Unlike the other five idiots, I knew that they needed a moment to themselves, what with the bombshell news and all. I stood up, causing Liam to mimic me, and motioned for the rest of the group to do the same. Casey did the same, obviously on the same wavelength as me, to which I was grateful.

  We led the group into the woods, Casey starting the conversation that I really wish that she hadn't, "Okay, what was that all about?" She asked, looking at all of the clueless boys before her. I stood off to the side, biting my tongue so as not to make a sarcastic comment on their stupidity. They continued to discuss who was to blame, everybody but Louis agreeing that it must have been Harry's fault. I scoffed at that, causing Liam to glance at me in question.

  "So what do you think made her throw up?" Zayn asked, everybody racking their brains for some sort of explanation. Everybody but me, that is. Casey snapped her fingers together, indicating that she had an idea.

  "It's probably because of all the fruit!" She exclaimed, "She probably needs more nutrition than just that," She stated, trying to sound intelligent, as if she knew everything. It pissed me off that she was back here assuming things when in actuality, she knew absolutely nothing about anything. Probably because she was too busy trying to get the boys to notice her. I swear, she was going to be the death of me. I rolled my eyes, unable to bite back my annoyance any longer.

  "No, it's not," I snapped, glaring at her, my tone as cold as ice. I crossed my arms over my chest and watched her stare in confusion as she raised an eyebrow at me.

  "Well, what is it then?" She retorted, a slight bit of sarcasm in her tone. I saw Louis shoot Liam an awkward glance, probably not wanting to stand around and listen to the two of us bitch at each other.

  "I don't know," I lied through my teeth, deciding to change the subject, "Why don't you just go get some more fruit? We're running out," I offered, irritation evident in my voice. I wanted her gone before I ended up beating her senseless. She cringed at my words, sending a surge of accomplishment through my veins.