Chapter Twenty-One: Is This Happening?

Evelyn's POV

Written by xxdarian

  If there's something worse than being stranded on a deserted island for three weeks, it's being pregnant and stranded on an deserted island for three weeks. Yes, I'm finally admitting to myself that I am pregnant. Between the morning sickness, mood swings and fatigue, I kind of put two and two together and well, you know. I'm having Harry's baby...

  I sighed as I stepped out of the brush and walked towards Cody's still figure. I plopped down next to her and just stared out towards the vast ocean, playing with the sand in front of me. We sat in silence for a few minutes before Cody turned towards me, "Where's everybody else?"

  I shrugged, showing how much I cared, "Hopefully off eating some poisonous berries." She laughed at my comment probably thinking I was being sarcastic. But no, I actually hated everyone here. I could only tolerate Liam and Cody, as well as Harry and Zayn on occasion. Thinking about Harry only made me remember the situation I was currently in and I could literally feel my facial expression fall. How was I going to raise a baby on an island?

  "You have to tell him," Cody said suddenly, pulling me in for a tight hug. I broke down and hugged back, tears falling. I sniffled a few times, surprising myself. I never cry unless I'm extremely frustrated or have been hurt badly. I sat in silence, lost in my own thoughts. I loved how Cody instantly knew everything about me without me having to say anything to her, that's why she's my best friend. 

  "I don't know how," I whispered, my voice shaking as I sat up and wiped under my eyes. I rested my head in my hands, thinking of what how to tell Harry, "I'm scared, Cody, I'm absolutely terrified," I admitted to her. I felt bad for pouring everything onto her and expecting her to help me. This was part my fault that I couldn't control myself around Harry for three seconds. 

   She told me that I needed to be honest with him. That's easy for her to say, she wasn't the pregnant one. I mean, tehre was no doubt in my mind that Harry wouldn't be a great father, I know he would. It's just, we aren't in the best situation right now and we're both eighteen.

  "But what if he leaves? What if he doesn't want it?" I told Cody, "I can't raise a kid by myself!" I knew Harry couldn't actually leave or anything but what if he said no and he like refused to care for me or the child? I doubt he would do that to me, but I've only known him for three weeks. 

  "Where's he going to go?" she asked, causing me to chuckle a bit, "But I don't think you have much to worry about with him, he has a good head on his shoulders. A bit dimwitted at times, which is what got you into this mess, but he knows right from wrong. He'll stick by you, and if he doesn't, nothing will stop me from kicking his ass," I smiled at her because I knew she was completely serious. I thanked her with my eyes because she knows how hard it is for me to accept help from others. I'm stubborn, tell me about it.

  The rest of the herd piled  back onto the island and I sighed simultaneously with Cody and pulled away from her, keeping my gaze set on the water. I suddenly got tackled from behind by Harry, gaining a mouthful of sand, "Hello, ladies!"

  I snorted and stood up, flipping my sand filled hair over my shoulders. I grabbed Harry's shirt and yanked him off of the ground, surprising even myself with the strength I had, "Harry, babe, walk with me," he stood up beside me, his curls blowing wildly in the breeze. I grabbed his wrist and stalked off towards the woods, pulling Harry behind me. 

  "Babe, what's gotten into you? Well, besides me," he asked as I yanked him through the trees. I rolled my eyes before stopping in a small clearing. I dropped his wrist and paced back and forth in the small space, racking my brain for the right words, "Harry, I really don't know how to tell you this but Cody said I needed to tell you and be honest and I just needed to say it and so I'm trying to say it but I can't because I'm scared! What if you don't like what I have to say and what if you leave me after this? We're not even together together so it makes it harder on me to say this so I'm just going to say it," I rambled. Harry leaned against a tree trunk, watching me intently. He raised his eyebrows, signalling me to continue. I took a deep breath and stumbled slightly over my feet as I walked towards him. 

  "Harry," I began as I looked towards my feet feeling smaller than ever before, which was unusual for me, "I'm, I'm...pregnant."

  I looked back up to meet his eyes. His usual happy, loving orbs were now cold and unreadable, "Are you sure it's mine?" My feeling of nervousness changed to anger in five words. I reached up and slapped him across his right cheek, leaving behind a red hand print, "Who else's would it be, Harry?"

  "I don't know, you and Zayn have been getting closer lately," he was right, Zayn and I had been talking more lately but that's because he mostly kept to himself and I was being a good fucking person, but I would never ever sleep with him, "Fuck off, Harry fucking Styles. I hope when this baby comes out it looks nothing like you because I honestly can't fucking stand you and I seriously hope we get found soon so I can never have anything to do with you, ever again."

  I began stomping towards the island and pushing leaves out of my way, "Evelyn, wait!" Harry yelled as he chased after me. I picked up my pace and jogged towards the island, erupting through the last set of branches, Harry hot on my trail. I slowed down and stomped towards the water as I felt the familiar burning sensation in the back of my throat. Great, perfect timing. 

  I rested my elbow on the boulder at the entrance of the water and hurled into the water in front of me. I could feel everyone's eyes on me as I swung my hair over my shoulder and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand, "Stop fucking looking at me," I screamed at them, but no one looked away. I felt tears trickle out of my eyes, "Fucking stop!" I screamed, now sobbing. I fell to my knees and surveyed the others around me. Zayn, Louis, Niall and Casey were at the little food station to my left. Harry was standing in the entrance to the woods with a worried looking Cody and Liam sitting on the sand to my right. 

  I felt the familiar burn once again and threw my hands out in front of me onto the sand, wretching everything I had eaten for what felt like the millionth time today. I felt someone take my hair and hold it behind me while rubbing my back with the other hand. Through teary eyes, I looked up and saw Harry's soothing face filled with care. 

  When I was done, I sat back up and looked to Harry who was just standing there, awkwardly, "Well, I'm glad you had to see that." I said, chuckling as I wiped the tears from my eyes. He sat down in front of me, crossing his legs, as I brought my knees to my chest, "I thought you'd be okay with this." I told him as I looked towards the water. He chuckled and looked down at his hands, which I just noticed were shaking, "I don't know what to say. I never do. I didn't know what to say back there and I don't know what to say now."

  I shook my head back and forth, a few stray tears leaking from my eyes, "Don't say anything, just help me, Harry," I pleaded, he nodded and I noticed a few tears of his own falling down his cheeks.  I got up and sat in his lap, leaning into his warm embrace. I noticed that the others were gone and it was just us alone on the island. We sat like this for awhile, Harry running his fingers on my arm, giving me goosebumps. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath through my nose as I began to fall asleep, "I have one request," Harry said after a long silence. I raised my eyebrows, half-asleep and signalling him to go on, "If it's a girl can we name her Darcy?"

  I opened my eyes slowly and sat up, my gaze locking his pleading one, "Of course we can, Harry."