Chapter Seventeen: Payback's a Bitch.

-Cody's POV-

written by breatheforthismoment

  As if we already weren't in deep enough shit, Evelyn had to go and get herself knocked up.

  I did my best to keep my expression as even as I could while I tried to tell her that nothing was set in stone just yet. and to wait a few more days before paniacing. Just like always, I was the voice of reason. But I'll admit, in this situation, I was silently freaking out to myself. I knew for a fact that nobody on this island knew how to deal or take care of a pregnant woman, let alone deliver a baby for crying out loud. She seemed to calm herself down a little bit and we ventured out of the forest, back to the others.

  When we walked out onto the beach, me trailing behind Evelyn, my eyes caught sight of a strange sort of expiriment being built on the sand. I instantly remembered that we had discussed building shelter at the fire last night, and I watched as they tried their best. They had all abandoned their shirts, and I found myself staring at Liam's perfectly toned chest. Sweet baby Jesus.

  Casey, of course, was standing off to the side, doing nothing but staring at the five muscular boys in front of her. I could have sworn that I saw her eyeing Liam, and I felt my stomach churn. I knew how fickle she was, and I could just imagine her deciding that she all of a sudden had a thing for Liam. Granted Liam wasn't mine by any stretch of the imagination, but it was still a bit uncalled for. Shaking my head, I brushed it off, telling myself that I was just imagining it and that she had been looking at Niall. 

  "You know, you could help!" Louis snapped, wiping a few beads of sweat off of his face. His face showed that he was extremely annoyed at her laziness, and I had to admit, I found it funny. She rolled her eyes at him and placed her hands on her hips.

  "I don't want to screw anything up!" she whined. I noticed Niall smile at her protest, not even realizing what he was doing. It was a natural reaction, and one that only Niall seemed to have. Everyone else just looked irritated with her.

  "From the looks of it, there isn't much to screw up," Evelyn snorted beside me, causing Louis to huff at her comment, insulted. He bent over to help Liam with the log that they were trying to line up against a larger one. Harry was instantly distracted by her voice and looked up, waving and grinning at her like an idiot. I decided that I had better help the lot, knowing that they couldn't do it by themselves. Besides, they needed a woman's intuition. Considering it was hotter than Satan's balls, I stripped myself of my shirt and tossed it at Evelyn, revealing none other than my favorite bikini top.

  "I'm going to help them before they end up killing themselves," I informed her, pointing towards the group of idiots. Liam started to shout at Harry to pay attention and grab the other log that was to be lined up against the two they already had set up. Harry being Harry, accidentally let it slip out of his fingers, wincing as the entire creation went tumbling to the ground, "Morons," I muttered as I smacked my palm against my forehead.  Liam's face flushed in anger as he stared down the curly haired boy, his veins sticking out on his neck. I was convinced he was just about ready to kill him.

  I jogged over to them and placed my tiny hand on Liam's bare back, causing him to look away from Harry and at me. When our eyes met, I willed him to take a deep breath and calm down. We could rebuild the shelter, but if he killed Harry, that would be a bit harder to replace. I could feel his tense muscles relax underneath me, sighing when he realized that I was right. Smiling at him, I bent over and motioned for him to help me start to move the log.

  After awhile, I heard Harry call out to Evelyn to help him lift some wood. My body froze and my eyes widened, earning myself a strange look from Liam that I ignored; I always ignored his worried looks. I wasn't going to let her do any heavy lifting in her condition, no way.