Zira meets Duka and Dot

The next day, Nuka took Duka and Dot to his mother. "Nuka! Who are these cubs?" She yelled. "They are m-my cubs mother" Nuka replied. Zira looked at Nuka with suprise. "What are their names?" She asked calmly. "The boy is Duka and the girl is Dot" Nuka said. Zira smiled at this. "Beautiful Nuka" Zira Said. "Can I keep them?" Zira asked. Nuka was suspicious when she asked that, but he let her keep them. "Just the male cub" she said, rubbing the back of Duka with her paw.

 "Just the male cub" she said, rubbing the back of Duka with her paw

Nuka sighed and took Dot back to Dotty. Back at the cave, Zira walked around with Duka on the ground. Kovu and Vitani walked in. "Mother? Who is this?" Kovu asked, worried he was not gonna be king anymore. "This is Duka, Nuka's son" Zira said hastily. Kovu and Vitani looked at each other. Vitani walked up to Duka. "His son?" Vitani said confused. "Yes" Zira said. "Is He the next king?" Kovu asked. "He could be....Does seem strong" Zira said thinking. Kovu was worried and hoped that she wouldn't choose Duka over him. But she did. "Yes...this is the true king" Zira said while grinning. Kovu ran out of the cave. He wanted to kill Duka, but he knew that would be suicide.