Chapter 1

Kasumi

I groaned as I heard my alarm clock ring. School, I thought. I crawled to the toilet to get a quick shower.

After showering, I wore my white long-sleeved button down shirt, a red school skirt that stops at my mid-thigh. I tied my red school tie, neatly and wore my red school blazer with the crest of the school on the top of the left chest. I wore a pair of white knee high socks and school shoes.

I blow-dried my long and straight riven black hair that stopped just above my butt. My fringe covered my eyebrows and covered my chocolate brown eyes slightly. After drying my hair, I tied my long riven black hair into a high ponytail. After getting ready, I walked towards my mirror to get a quick look of myself in my new uniform. I grabbed my school bag and helmet as I left my room.

"Are you sure you don't want to go to school with me?" I heard my uncle asked as I entered the kitchen.

He looked really smart yet messy in his blue long-sleeved button down shirt and black pants. The sleeves of his blue shirt were rolled up until his elbow. A mask covered his mouth while his silver hair was spiked up.

"It's okay, Uncle. I'm fine." I looked at him as I took a piece of toast from the plate, that was set in the middle of the kitchen counter.

"It's your first day of school. And, I promised your parents that I'll take care of you." he added.

I sighed. I hate talking about my parents. They give me money every month and I only see them when it's my birthday.

"No, Uncle Kakashi. I'll go by myself. I need to grow up, anyways." I say as I finished a piece of toast and started to walk out of the kitchen.

"See you in school." I say lazily as I put on my helmet and exit the front door.

I started walking towards the garage. I opened the garage door and made my way towards my motorcycle. I got the motorcycle from my uncle as a welcome gift. I knew it wasn't his money. I knew my parents gave him the money to buy me the motorcycle. My motorcycle was painted black and had red flames painted on the sides. I got onto the motorcycle, ensuring my school bag was safely in front of me. I started to ignite the engine of the motorcycle. Once started up, I zoomed towards the direction of the school. The school was about a 15 minutes ride from home, and a two hour walk from home. It was a lucky thing my uncle, or parents got me the motorcycle.

As I entered the school parking lot, looking for a place to park my motorcycle, many students started staring at me. I hate the attention, I thought. After a few minutes, I found a parking space near the front door of the school. As I got down the motorcycle, I took off my helmet in progress. Once my helmet was off, I adjusted my hair, and slung my school bag on my right shoulder. I started feeling eyes on me. I looked at my wrist watch. I sighed in relief.

"I thought I was gonna be late." I said to myself.

I walked into the front door of the school. As I walked through the hallways, I felt students looking at me and they started whispering. I turned my attention towards the ground. I walked to the Principal's office and knocked on the door a few times.

I heard a faint 'Come in'. I opened the door and was told to take a seat in front of the Principal's desk. She gave me my schedule and locker combination. I nodded. I left the Principal office and walked to my locker, which was on the second floor. I put my motorcycle helmet in my locker and scanned through my schedule.

"I have Homeroom first, then Math, then Japanese Literature / English, then Lunch, then Biology, then PE, and to end the day is Free Period.

"What's with 'Japanese Literature / English' ?" I thought to myself. I started walking around the school to find my Homeroom class.

After a few minutes of walking, I finally found the class, I think. The bell rung like five minutes ago. I knocked on the door to get the teacher's attention. The teacher turned his head to my direction and had a quizzical look on his face.

"You're the new student, right?" he asked.

"Yeah, I am." I tried to force a smile as I felt all the students' eyes on me.

"Isn't that the chick on the motorcycle this morning?" I heard someone in the class say. I cocked one of my eyebrows to whoever that was.

"Mr Inuzuka." the teacher called someone's name, sternly.

The teacher turned to me again, "You may come in!".

Whoa, sudden mood change there. And, I thought I was the bipolar one.

I walked into the class as I felt my every move being watched. I stopped walking as I stood next to the teacher. The teacher looked young and he had a scar that ran across his right cheek to the bridge of his nose and it stopped halfway on the right cheek. The scar was a few centimetres below the eyes. He had long dark brown hair tied in a bunch. He put a hand on my right shoulder.

"Class, this is our new student, Kasumi Hatake." he introduced me to the class.

The whole time, my gaze was towards the ground as I heard gasps and a few shock comments.

"So, that's Kakashi Sensei's niece?"

"I was expecting her to be more badass, like her uncle, but she looks like such a good girl!!"

"I am badass, I tell ya'!!!" I snapped and pointed at the person who said that I wasn't badass.

"Enough!" the teacher yell, while silencing the whole class, even me. 

"Kasumi, do you mind to introduce yourself to us?" he asks.

"I'm Kasumi Hatake. I was born and raised in Iwa and I moved to Oto when I was about nine or eight years old." I say.

"My hobbies are listening to music, playing the guitar and bass guitar and riding on my motorcycle." I glared at the guy who said I wasn't badass.

They didn't seem like listening to me. I let out a soft sigh. I think the teacher heard and he gave me a pity look.

"I'm Iruka Sensei. Take a seat next to Ino Yamanaka and we'll begin the class! Ino, please raise your hand." he smile. I nodded.

I made my way towards the girl named Ino. Her seat was at the front left corner of the class. I took a seat next to her. Ino had long pale blonde hair that was tied up in a high ponytail, like mine, but her ponytail was longer than mine and her fringe covered her right eye. She had a pink clip on the left side of her hair. 

"Hi! My name is Ino Yamanaka! You're Kasumi, right?" she smiles.

"Yeah." I nodded my head and forced myself to smile.

"Cool! Nice to meet you!" she offered me a hand to shake.

I shook her hand and said, "Nice to meet you too!"

"You're Kakashi's niece, right?" she asks.

I nodded my head.

"It must be cool living with one of the most coolest teacher in Konoha High! And, even related!" she smiled.

"Tell me about it." I sweatdropped.

Iruka Sensei gave us a free period. After class, I had Math, which is the same period with one of Ino's friends, Sakura Haruno. She had short light pink hair that stopped just a little bit above her shoulders and big turquoise eyes. After Math, I had Japanese Literature / English. I found out that Japanese Literature will only be on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while English would be on Tuesday and Thursday. I had this class with a girl named Hinata Hyuga, who is also one of Ino's friends. She had long riven black hair that stopped in the middle of her back and a neatly kept fringe. Hinata didn't speak a lot. 

After class, Ino and Sakura with two other girls waited outside my and Hinata's class. The two other girls were Ten Ten and Temari. Temari had dirty blonde hair that was tied into four bunches and Ten Ten had dark brown hair that were tied into two buns.