Chapter Sixteen ~ on the beach...

Abbie PoV

"You two took your time" Max says raising his eyebrows at us, I blush and look down.

"blame Abbie, she takes so long" Nathan replies grinning. I look at Rachel who's rolling her eyes and putting sun cream on Tom's nose.

"hey, anyone want a game of volley ball to celebrate your last day?" Siva asks spinning a ball in his hand.

"Sure" I agree standing up, as do the others and we watch as Max starts to draw something in the sand.

"Mate, what is that?" Nathan asks gesturing to the wobbly lines in the sand.

"it's a net, and I've marked out the pitch thingy" Max replies looking at his handy work.

I look at Rachel who pulls a face and says "Okay. We need two teams"

"What if Rachel and Abbie be the captains, they can choose whose on their teams?" Jay suggests and I smile at him,

"Okay, I want Jay because he thinks cleverly" I say, picking the right side of the pitch, if you could call it that.

"I'll have siva. Wait this won't work, there's seven of us" Rachel says frowning slightly,

"I'll referee, and we can swap?" Max says positioning himself by the 'net'

"okay" I shrug, "good idea" Tom and Nathan start walking towards us, Tom going in Rachel's direction and Nathan coming towards me.

"Wait guys! No! Swap" Rachel shouts causing us all to look at her, "you can't be on the same team as your partner"

"Why? Don't you want me babe?" Tom asks looking wounded, and Rachel responds with "No, but Abbie does"

When the two had swapped we began the game, Siva hitting it and Jay hitting back.

It was going well until it came towards me, by instinct I hit it away from me and at Rachel who screamed and ducked.

"Oops?" I offer, she laughs and chases after the ball, hitting it up into the air and stepping backwards and managing to fall over her feet. Plus the ball only went about an inch forward.

This causes a burst of laughter, even the people around us where giggling about it.

"It takes a genius to fall over flat surfaces you know" Nathan comments as he helps her up, he's rewarded by a slap on his stomach and a smile,

"For the record, sand isn't flat it's moveable" She says

"But you tripped yourself up" Siva adds laughing and he also receives a smack in the stomach.

"referee she's being unsportsmanlike!" Siva calls to Tom who's now the ref.

All the while me and my team are still laughing about the fact she tripped herself up.

"That's a yellow card miss, any more and I'll have to give you a punishment" Tom shouts onto the pitch.

"Oh and what will that be sir" Rachel calls back and he doesn't reply, just winks.

"quit flirting, let's play" Max says, finally recovering from laughing and launching the ball into the air and towards Siva.

"So I think it's obvious whose team won" Rachel brags standing up and brushing the sand from her legs,

"yeah, only because you came off and Siva, Jay and Nathan made a pretty good team" Tom says wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

"Shush you" She replies.

"Come to the sea with me?" I ask Nathan linking our hands together and pulling him in the direction of the sea, which was sparkling because of the way the sun hit it.

"It's cold!" He jumped as soon as the water washed around this ankles,

"oh, I'm sorry do you want me to heat it for you?" I ask sarcastically, of course it's cold.

Nathan pulls a face and then does something that catches me by suprise. He knocks my legs from under me and catches me bridal style, carrying me deeper into the water untill he was about waist deep, where he proceeded to drop me into the water with a splash.

Jay PoV

"I actually think that Siva will be first bec--"

We where having quite a nice, peaceful conversation about who was going to get married first when all of a sudden a loud, high pitched scream made Max stop mid sentence.

"NAATTHHAAANN!"

"because," Max continues "one Siva is the most gentlemanly, and second Abbie doesn't seem like the type to rush into things, plus Nathan's either done something really bad or really good."

Rachel nods "That does make sense, although you just counteracted yourself with the last one" she agreed but I shook my head,

"Even if he's done something bad, Siva just broke up with Kathy" I reasoned, "So in a few years, Nathan and Abbie will have been together the longest. And they do seem to just click, I've never seen anything like that before"

"What have you never seen before?" Siva asks as he hands Rachel a bottle of water and me and Max beers. He had just been to get some drinks.

"Thanks Seev" Rachel says "We where saying that we've never seen anyone just click the way that Abbie and Nathan do"

Siva nods as if in thought and then says "I'm pretty sure those two will be married in a couple of years time"

I laugh and fist pump, "my thoughts exactly"

Rachel and Max both look at each other and then to Tom, who is asleep.

Grabbing the sun cream Rachels squirts it on his back and starts to rub it in, causing moaning sounds to come from him and us all to smirk.

"whatcha doin?" Tom questions half asleep, peering at us with one eye open.

I answer with "She's being a good girlfriend and preventing you from burning"

"Nope" Tom disagrees "she's being bad" He then sits up slowly and quickly pulls Rachel down onto his lap, she turns to look at him and he mumbles something.

"Oi! Who's getting married first? Nathan or Siva" Max asks nudging him and he frowns

"Neither?" he offers looking at Rachel

A/N ~ Thankyou to all my readers -even the ninja ones- I hope you like my story x