Chapter nine ~ Moving on

What the hell was Louis, my boyfriend doing? It was defiantly him, his hair gave him away. He just walked passed us holding a kids hand. The child looked to be about 2 and had dark hair the same colour as Louis's tied up into little pig tails.

It definitely wasn't his sister because she was too young and she couldn't be his niece or anything, as far as I knew he didn't have one.

I frowned in the direction he was walking, only then noticing Abbie's concerned expression.

"What?" she asked looking around her.

"wait here a minute" I reply standing up quickly and walking down the plane aisles looking for his dark curly hair again, I found it quickly he was sitting the little girl down next to a blond woman. "Louis?" I asked, watching in amusement as his head whipped round so fast it could have quite easily fallen off.

"Rachel, hi" was all he said looking at me worriedly, and silently pleading me with his eyes not to make a big fuss here.

"You better have a good explanation mister" I scowl at him, waiting. He looked at me and then back to his little family, locking eyes with the woman.

"not here" he replied looking around at everyone who was watching.

"Just tell her" the woman said, smiling apologeticly at me.

Wait. What? Why did she look apologetic?

"Well the thing is, I don't want to lie to you so here's the truth. Yes I've been cheating on you and yes I'm sorry. Mercedes didn't know about you, she ordered me to come clean as soon as she found out but I couldn't do it." he replied mumbling most of it so that less people could hear what he was saying, the few that did gasped and began whispering each other. Of course he would leave me, a 19 year old to be with someone older and prettier. Why would a 22 year old want a teenager when he could have a someone his own age.

"oh my god" I said closing my eyes, I didn't want a big public display so I didn't look at him, knowing that I would lash out. Instead I focused my attention on the little girl "and this is your daughter?" I asked looking at the small girl who smiled at me "I'm Kira" she said offering me her hand I shook it gently, after all it wasn't her fault her dads an idiot.

I didn't know what to think, i never in my life thought that someone would cheat on me. We'd been together for two and a half years, was all that time a lie? Shaking my head to get rid of the thoughts I pushed away from him pulling off the bracelet he had given me and pressing it to his chest. "I don't want anything to do with you" I growled at him, turning around and walking back to my seat.

Only then did I let the tears come.

"woah, what happened! Is it true? Don't cry" Abbie begged as soon as she saw me, "you hardly ever cry."

Looking at her worried and confused face I knew she probably already knew part of it and I couldn't lie so I told her everything.

When I'd finished she just pulled me into a hug whispering things to me while I cried and hit at her; 'he wasn't good enough' 'what a bastard' 'stupid man'

What seemed like an eternity later, but must have only been a few minutes I pulled myself away, "Sorry" I croaked willing myself not to cry over him any more. He wasn't worth it, but I couldn't help the sadness inside of me. I loved him with everything I had and he obviously had things he loved more, a family.

"go clean up, we're landing in half an hour" Abbie said helpfully, passing me my bag.

Smiling gratefully at her I stood up and made my way to the bathroom. Once I was inside I looked at my reflection, first pulling out wipes to get rid of my makeup. After my face was clean I pulled off my joggy bums and folded them, placing them at the bottom of my bag and replacing them with a pair of thin leggings. Then I set to work doing my makeup, breifly aware that my wrist left lighter with only one bracelet now there.

If Louis didn't want me then I was going to make damn sure that someone did.

I returned to my seat, where a small of glass of wine was placed in the centre of my tray. I looked at Abbie quizzically,

"it's a gift from one of the crew" she whispered in my ear giggling as a young flight attendant walked past, winking at us. He was quite fit actually, and he had a nice bum, I'd seen him earlier when I was talking to Louis.

Picking up the glass I clinked it with hers, "I have a feeling this holiday is going to be good" she said after taking a sip.

Abbie PoV

I was waiting to use the toilet when I felt someone close behind me, "excuse me miss but-" it was the same flight attendant, so I turned to face him smiling. "a man down there asked me to give this to you" he continued passing me something small and silver. Rachel's bracelet.

"thank you" I said wrapping my hand around the jewellery, he grinned at me before walking away.

Opening my palm I looked down at the bracelet, it was Rachel's favourite, she never took it off, it was always next to the one her parents had gotten her. It was a silver and gold heart link bracelet, similar to the one Nathan had gotten me for Christmas.

Sliding the bracelet around my wrist and fastening it in place, the toilet finally opens. Stepping inside I take off my tights and touch up my makeup quickly.

Rachel PoV

I didn't like landing much either but right now all I was concerned about was making sure I didn't spill the surprise to Abbie, and also wondering what Nathan's friends where like.