Fire. Ash. Dust.

The alarms rang loud through the hallways

The alarms rang loud through the hallways. Amber stumbled and hid as the nurses frantically tried to move and calm down the other patients. Amber posted up against a door to get out of view from the running security guards.
"We're headed your way Jackson. We haven't seen anything like this since '93," the security guard beamed as he ran down the hall. Amber waited until their footsteps tapered off before taking off again. She weaved through the carts, wheel chairs, and gurney's. She slammed her body into a door and it flung open sending her tumbling down the steps. Her cheek smacked down on the cold tile floor.
"Fuck," she groaned. As she peeled herself off the floor she massaged her jaw. It pulsed lightly but she shook it off. Behind her keys jingled. Amber fought against the sweat, on the balls of her feet, as she tried to build the momentum to run. The wind whizzed by her ear and she cut the corner and tripped. She fell into a hard bare chest. Strong arms held her up and a low growl hummed from the persons abdomen. Amber caught her breath and looked up and felt a cold part of her soul escape through her lips as she gasped. Dennis held her up with a firm grip. Beside Dennis was the man Elijah that she had seen earlier. The only difference was that he wore a bright purple outfit.
"Dennis," Amber whimpered and tried to break free. Dennis chuckled lowly and sinisterly. Amber was pushed and her cheek was pasted to the wall. Dennis pinned her with his body, from behind, as he sniffed her. His breath on her skin made goosebumps.
"Dennis please...please let me go," she cried. Elijah cleared his throat.
"Uh, my friend this is borderline sexual harassment," Elijah said calmly. Dennis Let Amber go and she turned around. He appeared physically bigger. His arms were massive and veins bulged out of them. This wasn't Dennis.
"You are are pure child," Dennis said in a low growl. Amber shuttered.
"W-What do you mean?" She asked. Dennis began pacing around his eyes never leaving hers.
"Dennis explained to me your history.  You are tainted in society but you are pure in my eyes. Rejoi—." Amber socked him sending him tumbling back. Her body was rigid with anger. It seeped off of her and heat waves floated around her. Elijah's eyes widened and his lips curled into a smile. Blue flames licked off of her body and turned into red. Dennis grinned and let out a howl but Amber didn't find anything funny. Quick footsteps clapped down the hallway and guards appeared. Amber slowly raised her hand and, with a slight flick,  flames were upon them. The guards cried out in terror and Amber's fire went out. Blinking her eyes quickly she realized what she had done.
"Oh no!" She ran to the guards and tried to put them out but it was too late. Amber cried looking down at them. Dennis walked up behind her and kneeled beside her. He took his large hand and rubbed the back of her head in a dominant way.
"Such a price to pay to be a gift to the world," he laughed and stood. Elijah rolled by them.
"I don't know what kind of freaky relationship you two have—," Elijah started.
"I am not Dennis I am more than human. I am the Beast  but if it gives you any rest child," The Beast put his head under her chin and slowly licked Amber from her neck up to her cheek. It sent an involuntary gasp from her lips. She pushed him off of her and stood. The only way out was back up the steps and so she ran. She ran as fast as her wobbly legs would take her until her head rammed into something hard and almost like stone. She fell to the ground unconscious. David Dunn peered down at Amber and scooped her up into his arms and made his way outside of the facility.

A/N: Thanks for reading guys and sorry for the late upload 🤧