A Smooth Criminal

The atmosphere was thick with  moisture as the rain came down heavy. Stephen as always didn't care.. As he whipped from the shadows and landed at the gates of the Jump City Insane Asylum. Nothing mattered to him as he opened the gates to the jail. Last time he was here, he neary went insane. Which he was putting aside the question of whether he was sane or just another costumed freak that belonged in the freak show. Now, he was feeling in control of himself.

  Yet he dreaded talking to Goblin.

    He walked up to Commissioner Jay, who was sipping a cup of coffee He looked at his dad..

'Let's get this over with.' He thought.

   The commissioner handed his cofee to a policeman who had been standing next to him.

 Arachnid strode away hurrily, and Jay kept in step.. They walked past the secretary, who needlessly pointed down the hallway. Arachnid passed rows and rows of iron doors.

   They walked up to the cell door and Jay gave the O.K. signal. He saluted and opened the cell door.

  Stephen walked in. There he was, snapping cards on the table playing a jaded way of solitaire.

Jokers on the side, the green hand of Goblin snapped a two of clubs in place.

   Stephen pulled up a chair and stared into the face of the Goblin. Even the shadow of his face is vile. Even though Stephen couldn't see him clearly enough, he knew the Goblin was staring back.

       There were these two guys in a Lunatic Asylum...

"Hello. I came to talk." Stephen said.

 Goblin just laid the Jack of Clubs over the two.

"I've been thinking lately.About you and me. About what's going to happen to us, in the end. We're going to kill each other, aren't we?" Stephen said.

   Goblin just aimlessly snapped the three of clubs over the jack heplaced down.

"Perhaps you'll kill me. Perhaps I'll kill you. Perhaps sooner. Perhaps later." Stephen said. "I just wanted to you to know that I made a genuine attempt to talk things over and avert that outcome. Just once." 

    Goblin ignored him

         FNAP

He slapped the Ace of Spades over the Eight of Clubs.

    Arachnid was tired of it. He grabbed Goblin's hand and scattered his cards.

 "Are you listening to me? It's life and death that I"m discussing here. Maybe my death..." Stephen said, and released Goblin's hand.

"...maybe yours." Stephen finished and watche Goblin grab his wrist.

    "I don't fully understand why ours should be such a fatal relationship, but I don't want you murder on my..." Stephen's voice drifted away. He looked at his glove. It has taints of green on it like a powdery chalk.

       "...hands..." He finished his sentence.

Arachnid lunged for Goblin!

"H-hey..." Goblin stuttered as Arachnid grabbed his collar. A hand stretched  for his face.

    'Hey! Wait a Minute! Don't you touch me! I got rights!" Goblin yelled. "You're not allowed to..." Stephen wiped his fingers on his face and the green came clean off, revealing Jonas Harrow.

"...Touch me..." Jonas Harrow finished his sentence.

     "Wherrrrre is he?" Arachnid growled, curling his fists.