Whole Health, Broken Hearts

Stephen woke up a blur. Remebering nothing but the Gobln's laugh. He swore if he heard that laughter any more he'd have Robin transfer him to Arkham on suicide watch. Then he remebered something that immediately took his mind off of the laughter. Raven was still alive. He saw Titans Tower in the distance. He shot a web and swang towards it at top speed.

***********************************************

   Raven sat and her room and ...well, sulked. There really wasn't much else she could do. For once in her life she didn't feel like in such a meditating mood. She laid down and tried to go to sleep. Then she heard a knock at her doorway.

"Go away!" she yelled.

    "Raven...." a voice said.

She grunted in annoyment.It was Beast Boy.

"What do you want?" she asked.

    "Just wanna talk to you if I could?" Beast Boy answered humbly.

Raven sighed. She opened the door just a crack. "You...you wanna talk to me?" She asked.

  "Yeah." he gave a sheepish look. "I brought these?' he smiled an innocent smile as he handed her a cookie.

Raven wasn't one to be bought by a stupid cookie. But she needed someone to talk too. She opened the door more so he could walk in. Beast Boy looked around. They went and sat on the bed.

   "Listen Raven. I'm sorry for what I said back there. I didn't mean to call him creepy. To call you..."  Beast Boy began.

"Let's just not talk about it." she interrupted him.

    "Well, I understand your feelings for him. You've tried to love i nyour life but it's been utterly impossible. When you do try they usually broke your heart. And I understand that. I went though that with Terra. I mean, we're still rebuilding our relationship but I hate to see you go through what you're going through." Beast Boy said.

   Raven was shocked. Beast Boy seldom acted this humbled. "You mean what I went through with Malchior?"

Beast Boy nodded.

    "Aww, Beast Boy." she hugged him. The words pained her to say it but she said them anyway. "That's sweet."

*********************************************

Stephen swang onto the Tower. He found that same airduct and crawled into it.

*********************************************

"Just want you to know that I'd be there for you. To help you." Beast Boy said.

    Raven sighed. "Here. You've earned this." Then she gave him a kiss. Beast Boy's heart rate lowered down. Then she let go. And heard a sound.

                                  Right in the doorway was Stephen, in his Arachnid outfit. Mask and all.

"Stephen!" Raven dropped Beast Boy on the ground "You're ......You're alive?" she asked.

   "Surprise?" Stephen said. "Looks like I got one. Whose the new Boyfriend?" he asked.

"It's not how it looks. I can explain." Raven said.

    "It looks like you're kissing him. Explain that first then I'l l understand the rest." He walked into the room. Beast Boy got back up. "You're that Arachnid guy aren't you? We- we thought you were dead." he stuttered.

    Raven looked at Stephen. "I'm sorry. I wasn't really-" Raven backed away ashamed.

Stephen shook his and let out a chuckle to hide the fear.  He walked over to the air vent. "You can still make a guy's heart go, pitter-patter." he said. Then a foot came and slammed into his side. Stephen tumbled dow nthe hallway into the elevator door. Robi ncame charging at top speed.

  "Ugh, Boy Wonder." Stephen wasn't in the mood. he hit the elevator button. The door opened. Robin came crashing into it. STephen reached for the panel to hit the ground floor button. He couldn't reach it. Robin held him back. Stephen lounged for it and accidently hit top floor instead.

  He threw Robin off of him. He jumped up on the elevator roof and shot webs at him. Robin cut through them. Arachnid grabbed his arms and threw him into the floor. Then they reached the top floor.

   "Aww, crud." It was the top floor not the bottom. He ran up to the Air conditioning box. " Oh Well, Just have to sw- oof!" Robin collided into him. They rolled over and struggled. Arachnid was thrown off by Robin and the Boy Wonder threw a birdarang at him. Arachnid leaped over it and landed right behind Robin. He threw a punch from behind, but Robin ducked to the left and grabbed Arachnid's hand and threw him over to the other side of the Tower. Arachnid did however land on his feet. Robin lounged for him, but Arachnid jumped up, twilred his foot around and launched it for Robin's face. Robin caught the boot and threw it against the wall of the stairs and grabbed Stephen's head.

   "Let's get a good look at that mug." Robin grabbed his mask. Stephen ducked under , but Robin did manage to pull the mask off. STephen ducked into the shadows. Did Robin see his identity?

   Stephen shot a web at the mask and pulled it forward. He pulled Robin allong with with it. Robin tumbled onto the concrete as Arachndi put the mask back on. Robin jumped up high to jump on Arachnid.  Arachnid jumped up and kicked Robin real hard in the stomach. The guy flew back over the edge of the Tower.

  "Awww, snap! Didn't wanna do that!" Stephen leaped over to rescue him. Only Robin grabbed him and began to wrestle with him as the fell.

"Stop you son of a-"  Stephen punched Robin to snap him out of it. Then shot a web at him and pulled him forward. Rboin used his feet and slammed both of them in his face when Arachnid pulled him forward. Arachnid turned around and shot  hard web balls at him. Robin used his cape as a shield. Then he launched a grapple at Arachnid and pulled him forward. Before Arachnid could respond. Robin slapped him across the face real hard, the brought his fist around and hooked him again. He launched another Grapple and landed on top of him. He used his feet to force him to the ground. Then launched a grapple to swing away. Arachnid saw the gorund coming up fast. he shot a web up and swang away. Then he looked and saw Raven in her room crying. Sorry, for what she did. Stephen felt sorry for her. He didn't know if she really loved him or not, but he did to her. He shot a heart-shaped web on her window and swang away.

**********************************************

Raven saw the heart-shaped web. She didn't know if it was a farewell gift or he still loved her? . Probably would never find out.She felt ashamed. So ashamed. She was beginning if she was ever meant to love and if it was possible, she just lost the right guy for her. Try as she could, there was no one more perfect for her than Arachnid. He was gone. Would he come back? Would he want her back? Ultimate queston: Had she now lost Arachnid?

*********************************************************

   It wasn't over. He watched as the sun came up. It was Sunday. Small tear went down his cheek and was soaked up by his mask. Had he now lost Raven?