The Return of Terra

Beast Boy and Terra sat on the bench at the well known pizza parlor. It was 6:30 in the morning. Nothing like an early start before Terra headed back to school.

    They just sat there. Not saying a word since they met up a half hour ago. Just sipping water.

Then Terra spoke up. "Why?"

   "Huh?" Beast Boy jerked his head up.

"Why are we still going to continue like we care?" Terra asked. Her big blue eyes looked at him.

"What are you talking about?" Beast Boy said.

    " Beast Boy...." she sighed.

"Terra come on. I told before. You're a Teen Titan." he said.

     "No! I'm not! Stop!" Terra pushed her chair back. Then she slowed down. "It hurts. When you make me try to remember it hurts."

Beast Boy knelt down beside her. "Terra I'm sorry....." he said. He mentally kicked himself.

    "I have to go." Terrra said, grabbing her books.

"Terra!" Beast Boy said grabbing her by the arm.

    Terra gave him a mean look and shrugged her arm off. " That's it! Here I thought you'd have some sense to respect me and forget all about all this 'me being a Titan.'But you haven't. You said we'd take things slow and you'd help me out, not expect me to remember a life that I don't even know exists.You're as selfish as the next person. Leave me alone Beast Boy. I don't want to see you any more."  She began to walk away.

   "Terra!" Beast Boy yelled after her. Then he looked back down to the ground. "Awwwww Terra................" And there went his last chance to make amends.

   Terra stormed out the parlor. At first there was a large grim look on her face.

She kept walking....

    Then the grim look melted to a normal face.

She still kept walking.

  Then she began to feel regret. Did she really mean that?

She still kept walking.

   Then she put a rown on. No she didn't. Maybe it wasn't too late to......

She stopped. She was at her school.

   No. She didn't have to courage. She was not a Titan. Never was. Never will.

**********************************************************

Stephen woke up on his bedroom floor. He glanced at his clock. 9:45.

"What the-- 9:45. My God. I gotta get to school!" He quickly threw on a school shirt over his vest and shirt when there was knocked on the door.

    "Open this door right now!"  It was his Dad.

Stephen opened the door.

"HidadgottagotalktoyouwhenIgethomebye!" and dashed out the front door.

    Jay sighed big time. He thinks he's gettting outta talking for how long he was away. All night.

           But then again. Stephen did think he could do whatever he wanted.

*********************************************************

     Stephen swang across town. And landed in the schoolyard. What's this? Everyone was still at there lockers. The bell hadn't rang yet?

Either that or he's really got the wrong time.