CHAPTER 10

Kendall jumped out from the car, right hand holding a cake box and left hand locking the car’s doors. He’s too excited for today. On your birthday, nothing better than spend with people you love.

            He ran through the hallway until he reached the elevators. He pushed the elevators’ up button, impatient waiting for the silver doors to finally opens. Moments later, the elevators door opened, two nurses and some people managed to get out.

            “Kendall,” one of the nurses called his name, “How are you?”

            He smiled, “Never been better,” he managed to get in, clicked the 5th button, “See you!” he called out when the elevators door slid closing.

            Shane’s room was in the end of the hallway. He could imagine how happy Shane was when the brunet saw him in his doorstep. Kendall couldn’t stop smiling. He always wants to do this with someone that meant so much to him.

            His Mom promised she would come after finishing her works. Kendall couldn’t wait to introduce Shane to his Mom. Boyfriend? Yeah, they’d figured it out. Whatever this relationship called, Kendall only care that he loved Shane and the brunet too. That’s all.

            The room was empty. Shane was seen nowhere.

            “Excuse me,” Kendall called the nurse who just passed Shane’s room.

            He knew she’s Grace, one of the nurses who taking care of Shane’s medication, “Where’s Shane?”

            Grace looked surprise and confuse, “Uh… None called you?”

            “No, why?”

             She looked so uncomfortable, her eyes learning Kendall's confuse face, “He died last night… I mean, early morning.”

            Kendall could feel his ears started ringing, “You must be kidding me!” he insisted, most likely for himself even though he knew for sure that this nurse telling the truth.

            Grace holding Kendall’s shoulder, “Kendall, calm down.”

            Kendall’s knees started to limp, ears’ ringing, body’s shaking, head’s banging. He wanted to deny the fact that Shane was died. The brunet called him in the middle of the night, 12 on the dot, to say him happy birthday, to give him birthday wishes then he just died?

            “Kendall!”

            The cake dropped to the floor, broken into pieces.

         Tears falling down from Kendall’s eyes and his sight getting more blurry. This was too much for handle. How could Shane do this to him on his birthday? Shane promised he would celebrate Kendall's birthday together.

            Fucking liar!

            The last thing Kendall remembered was him on the car with his Mom on their way back to home.

***

            Kendall just finished the band’s practice. He packed his things back to his backpack and made his way to the door, “Bye, Guys.” He waved his hand to the rest of band members.

            “Where are you going?” Logan asked.

            Kendall actually had no idea where he would be going, “Uh… James?”