CHAPTER 8

It was the longest 2 hours of Kendall Knight’s life. He’s been sitting on the sofa, walking back and forth on the lobby, playing game on his phone, listening to music, all he did to kill the time.

            “I’ll call you back as soon as possible,” James’ voice broke his daydream.

         His Mom showed from the CEO room, “Of course. I’m looking forward to meet your Dad. Please tell him I say hello.”

            “Of course,” James nodded softly. He turned his head to Kendall, “Kendall Knight.” He gave him a nod.

            Kendall sighed. He’d been thought about this the whole time he waited for his Mom. Now or never, “James… We need to talk.”

            His Mom’s eyes widened, “Kendall!”

            James smiled, “It’s fine, Mrs. Knight. Actually, we’ve met before.”

            “Oh,” his Mom’s felt relief, “I thought he acted really rude. Alright, I’ll be in the car.” His Mom touched Kendall’s shoulder and he just gave her a nod.

            James stared to Kendall like he wanted to kill him immediately, “How about on my office?”

            Kendall nodded. He couldn’t talk about that here, in the middle of waiting room where his secretary and other employees walking back and forth. This wasn’t a talk that Kendall wanted everyone knows.

            James’ office was more than luxury. It’s majestic.

            Kendall could live here forever.

            He turned his head to see James who sat back in his table. Kendall didn’t realize how handsome this guy today. He wore a white shirt underneath the navy suit complete with a tie in a match color.

            Kendall felt like he’s really just a random guy even in his nicest shirt.

            “I… don’t know you and my Mom will have a meeting today.” He started.

            James just nodded and let out a soft uh huh. He made himself busy with his laptop. Kendall knew this brunet probably didn’t want to talk to him but hell, Kendall wasn’t a jerk face.

            “James,”

            The elder guy raised his head, “Yes, Kendall Knight.”

            “Do you know who am I before? I mean… do you know… my Mom…” Kendall stuttered. He’s freaking nervous.

            James shook his head, “No, I don’t.”

            “Okay,” Kendall nodded.

            “Are you finished?” James asked in a cold tone, “I’m extremely busy right now, if you don’t have…”

            Kendall cut him off with a sudden movement, he stood up with hands on the table, “I want to say sorry.”

            James just stared at him without saying anything.

            “I was drunk and… I probably do something that you don’t want to.” Kendall could feel his face starting to burn.

            James raised an eyebrow, “Such as?”

            Kendall grumbled, “Damn, I kissed you, huh?”

            “Yes.” James sighed, “That wasn’t I expecting.”