CHAPTER 2

“Kendall, wake up!” Shane squeezed Kendall’s shoulders roughly, tried his best to wake the blond.

            Kendall murmured something unclear, still closed his eyes. Shane gave him another squeeze hoping the blond could wake up now.

            “Kendall, we’re falling asleep. We’re in so much trouble!”

            Shane’s statement made Kendall opened his eyes, shocked, “Damn! Dude, you made me in trouble!” Kendall stood up, reached his beanie on the floor and put it back on his head, covered the dirty hair.

            “Yeah, I’m sorry. We shouldn’t fall asleep here, come on! It’s not too late to get back to our room.” Shane grabbed Kendall’s hand and pulled it softly as a sign to follow him.

            “Where’s your room?” Shane asked without turned his head back to see Kendall behind him.

            “372,” Kendall answered in unsure tone. He really had trouble with remember something, especially something that he thinks didn’t even matter.

            Shane nodded, “Good, it close from here.”

            “How about your room?” Kendall asked him back. He stared at Shane’s brunet hair, it messy – bed hair – but it mess beautifully. He suddenly remembered Shane’s face when the brunet woke him up. His perfect teeth, pink lips, hazel eyes, Kendall could easily woke up to this every day.

            Wait.

            What?

            No. Kendall couldn’t be falling in love this fast! He barely knows him!

            Well, yes, Kendall totally gay but hell no, he didn’t falling in love to random boy whom he met at the hospital.

            And he had cancer. He could die soon.

            Okay, that’s fucking rude.

            But that’s true. Kendall hated being left. Hell no, he swore with his life, he didn’t want to be the one who left behind.

            “We’re here!” Shane gave him a wide smile. They’re in front of Kendall’s room. How they got here so fast?

            Kendall smiled, “Thanks. Uh… sorry, I didn’t mean to blame you.”

            “No problem,” Shane gave him a big smile, “See you tomorrow, Kendall!” the brunet ran before Kendall could say something else.

            Kendall stared to Shane’s back going further.

            “See you tomorrow, Shane.”

***

            The next day ran really slow. It’s one of Kendall Knight’s boring days and he couldn’t resist the temptation of escaping. Luckily, he’s a prisoner now. He couldn’t go anywhere with this black bracelet on his right foot, a sensor.

            That thing was fucking annoying.

            Kendall just finished his first therapy with Dr. Bennett, a middle age woman who actually really nice, made him remember about his Mom. It would be great if he had his phone, he could call his Mom and friends, especially his band mates – Carlos, Logan and Dustin. They’re in the middle of writing new song for their band and they might be wondering where the fuck was Kendall.