CHAPTER 5

Heffron Drive’s tour was finally over. The band headed to the studio to store their stuffs. Once they arrived at the studio, Kendall threw himself to the couch, relaxing his tense muscles.

            The band didn’t take any offer for this month. They wanted to get ready for Venice Music Festival. It could be their turning point in music industry. They would perform with other indie artists and DJ, and they’ve worked their asses off to get the offer from VMF.

            Camille called yesterday, she asked them to have lunch with her this weekend. Logan was the one who get really excited. It’s obvious that both of them had something. Kendall had feeling this relationship wouldn’t end as an only friend.

            “See you this weekend!” Carlos already packed his things, “Bye!” the Latino waved at them and grabbed his things to his Jeep.

            Dustin chuckled and waved him back, “He really missed his house.”

            Logan just nodded. He made himself comfortable on the couch, too tired to move his body.

            “I’m going home too…” Kendall stood up, he grabbed his backpack, “So, Saturday at Macy’s?”

            Logan nodded, “Yeah. I’ll call you guys if she makes a change.”

            “Hm… Seems like someone get pretty intense with her?” Dustin joked, “She’s cool.”

            Logan blushed, “Yes she is.”

            Kendall threw a pack of candy to Logan, “Logie Bear got a shot!” he laughed, feeling happy for his best friend.

            “Thanks,” Logan smirked, “Drive safely, Kindle.”

            Kendall just nodded and raised a hand then dragged his suitcase and backpack to his car. It’s been more than 2 months they didn’t come home. He missed his Mom, but he wouldn’t be home at the first place. He had something to do first.

***

            Kendall put a bouquet of white roses on the grave. He smiled as he crouched, “Hi, Shane. It’s been awhile.” He whispered.

          Shane Brandon Adams

          September, 4th, 1992 – November, 2nd, 2009

           Kendall took a deep breath. Every time he saw the date Shane was died, it tortured him even more. Shane died on Kendall’s birthday. He remembered how happy he was when he drove from home to the hospital. He already bought a cheese cake completed with a ‘17’ candle. He wanted to celebrate his birthday with Shane.

            What he got when he arrived? Shane died at 2 am. Kendall cried badly in front of Shane’s room. How could Shane die when he called Kendall on 12 am only to say ‘happy birthday Kendall’ then in 2 fucking hours later the brunet left him without words.

            “Happy birthday, Kendall!” Shane’s voice sounded really soft and calming.

            Kendall just woke up, “Thanks, Shane. What time is it?”

            “12 on the dot”