The Photographer and The Florist: Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"I'm sorry." It was the first words that Krist had spoken since they left the Hanging Garden nearly ten minutes ago. "Please forgive my aunt. She is rather bossy. You don't have to come to the wedding. "

Singto didn't really know how to respond as he stared out of the window at the passing buildings and the morning traffic on its way to work. He had been having an internal debate. On one hand, he had the consultation to do at 10, and it was one of his newer customers. On the other, he hated leaving a job half done. Since he started the wedding photos, he should finish, even if the other photographer did show up. That wasn't his only reason either. He hated to admit it, but he had felt a sudden thrill at the thought he was to be Krist's date for the wedding, no matter how contrived.

"What did she mean by '...getting even for Mr.--?"

Krist blanched and sighed, raking his fingers through his hair. "Couple of weeks ago, I set her up on a blind date with someone just so she would go out on a date. She's a wonderful woman and doesn't deserve to be alone. It worked out fine; they had a nice dinner and evening at the theater. But she swore she would get even for me having the audacity to do that. This is her revenge on me. But you don't have to get sucked into it, so don't worry."

Singto remembered the day he had caught Krist and the woman interacting on the sidewalk. It was the day that he had met Krist. It was also the day that he had noticed another human as being attractive since he was in college. He had been so busy trying to get his degree and making his business flourish that romance wasn't on his list of priorities until he basically forgot about it. What he found interesting was the fact that Krist was only refuting the date because he didn't want to drag Singto into a practical joke, not that he wasn't interested. Singto knew he had an interest even if he hadn't wanted to admit it to himself; for goodness sake, he started a photography project just to stalk the man! Maybe it was time to throw caution to the wind and actually let romance be on his list of things to accomplish, especially if he had finally come across someone that sparked his interest and was willing to interact.

"I will go." Singto spoke quietly at the window.

"What?"

Singto cleared his throat. "I said I will go."

"Are you sure? I am serious. You do not have to go. My aunt can get even with me later."

"No, it's fine. She's right. I can get Macy to do the consultation for me. Besides, I already started the event photography, so I might as well finish it. You want someone to talk to, right? I can talk and work at the same time. Multitasking is a honed skill."

"Oh." Krist was silent as he changed lanes and turned the corner. "Thanks?"

Singto smiled at the uncertainty Krist displayed as he drummed his fingers on the steering wheel to whatever nervous beat was in his head. "No problem. Just drop me at the studio. You can come back and get me in an hour or so, and we can make it to the venue on time for the wedding. Are you in the wedding party?"

"Oh no. They couldn't rope me into that. I told Chon I was her floral decorator, not stooge. No thanks."

Singto had to chuckle at that. "Just pull up in front of the shop. I will hop out so you can get home and change clothes too. Oh, what should I wear? Any specific dress code?"

"Whatever you will be comfortable in really. You will be probably running helter skelter taking pictures for the most of the time you are there. Most of the women that matter have seen you already and think you are the official photographer, so they will think you are working, so your outfit won't matter." Krist quietly sighed.

Singto looked over to Krist, who looked vaguely disappointed. Maybe he was hoping for more on the "date"? He had to smile a little. "Don't worry. I know how to dress nice. I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't a color I am not supposed to wear or something." As Krist pulled in front of the studio, Singto hopped out and could not resist a little flirty smile to actually indicate an interest rather than indifference. "Besides, I have to look good for our first date." He winked and shut the door but not before he saw absolute bafflement and a hot blush on Krist's face. Singto backed between cars parked on the street so he was out of the way of moving traffic as a horn sounded behind Krist's truck startling him into driving.

"I saw that...Ooo....Someone's saucy!" Macy smirked, from the doorway. "I see you had a good morning, and got a date too! I knew you were smitten!"

Singto turned rather quickly, again thankful for his tan, the blush for his own flirting barely discernable on his face, unless you were a photographer and could pick up on the nuances of color change. "Macy!" He had forgotten she was still here.

"Yes, boss? I was just going to the café for something for breakfast when you hop out of his truck with a smile, make a racy remark like that and you expect me to keep silent? You don't know me very well after working here for almost a year."

"It's not like that. The other photographer was late, so I ended up getting contracted to work. Good thing I had my camera." He brushed past her and went inside the studio to put his camera in his office. He would leave it there until he got back from home. He lived only ten minutes away.

"Uh huh...sure...then what was the date comment?" Macy leaned against the doorway, a devilish smile painting her face.

"Nothing! I have to go to the house and get cleaned up and a nicer set of clothes on." He grabbed his keys from his camera bag. "I will come back here in a few minutes. What have you been doing for the last hour?"

"Changing the subject I see." She giggled. "You won't be able to run from the conversation forever, especially if you are going on a first date."

Singto blinked. Had he said that?! He mentally facepalmed. Yes. He said that. No wonder Krist had given him that wide eyed shocked look for his mild flirt. Well, the damage was done now, and if truth be told, he hoped it would be a first date.

"Enough, Macy. I have work for you. Seriously. Did you get the pictures from this morning downloaded?"

"Yes, P'Sing. They are ready and waiting. I also have everything ready for the dark room, but not the chemicals poured like you asked. I was going for food before tackling the digitals and looking for the 10 Overlooked SOOC and editable raw samples. "

"Good. We aren't going to get to the dark room today after all. Go ahead and just find the Overlooks and print them out."

"Aw, why not?" She had been looking forward to the dark room since he so rarely let her past the doorframe while he was working in there.

"I have to stand in for the photographer at the wedding as a last resort. I was ambushed into taking this morning's sunrise bride photos, and the mother of the bride wants me to return just in case. I need you to do the consultation at 10 for me. The presentation is already saved and you know how run the demo and mark the images that Ms. Andy selects. After the consultation, put the 'out of office' sign on the door and take the rest of the day off. You did come in early technically, so you will still have your hours."

"Is this your way of getting rid of me so I won't tease you until Monday about your first date with Mr. Sexy?"

Singto did not comment, and Macy changed tactics, taking advantage of the situation. "P'Sing. You have to be my model for my final project. Please? It is my final for my degree."

"I will think about it. Now, go get your breakfast. I am going to change clothes."

Macy watched as he hurried to his car and pulled into traffic. "Just wait, P'Sing. You and Krist will make a lovely final project...especially if things go right." 

The Photographer and The Florist: A PerayaAU COMPLETEOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara