The Prophecy

The brave ,beautiful warrior will be the one to save us all.She will be fierce and strong.She and her army will defeat the Evil One and She will lead us to victory.She has the power to see the future and manipulate the weather.And she will develop many more.Her powers will be greater than anyone has ever seen.She will put others before herself and will always protect the innocent at all costs.She is the one to save the world.
I read the prophecy over and over again ,trying to process this all.I'm not a mage.I'm Holland Parker, a pathetic basket case.A freak.Strong and beautiful are not two words that would not be used to describe me.Lightning and thunder clash making everyone jump and look at me.Am I really manipulating the weather? "I'm not a beautiful warrior.Nothing in that prophecy sounds like me.I'm defiantly not strong.For years I've been called a freak and after awhile I realized it was true ,but one thing I know for sure is that I'm not the prophecy girl,"I say, while looking at the floor not meeting their eyes.I don't want to see the pity in them while I confess my insecurities."Holland ,one thing I know for sure is that your the prophecy girl and your anything but a freak,"Luke says as he lifts my chin,"I've went to the same school as you since freshmen year ,but you've never noticed me."I look up startled.We go to the same school?How could I have not noticed him? He's gorgeous.He must have noticed my look because he says," Like I said you never noticed me.I had always wanted to talk to you ,but I never had the courage to do it.When I finally got up the nerve, your dad died and you zoned out completely.You wouldn't talk to anyone ,even the teachers, and you didn't care about school anymore." "That doesn't prove your point about me being a freak because even though you deny it , we both know I am," I state trying to prove my point." YOU DON'T GET IT!!!I WATCHED YOU," he exclaims.What does he mean he watched me?
The door busts open to reveal the girl from my dream. "Hey, hope I didn't interrupt anything. Spencer just told me she was awake and I had to see her," the girl says breathlessly ,after apparently running all the way up here.She turns to me and smiles," I'm Callie. I just had to thank you for saving my life. As cliche as it might sound I owe it to you."When she says that I immediately think back to my vision. If I'm supposedly this prophecy girl that means the girl those men were looking for would be me."I almost got you killed I should be apologizing to you.I'm so sorry," I tell her taking her by surprise. " No I should say sorry. I mean it was my fault that you were stabbed." "Okay, okay why don't you both call a truce. Your both sorry and forgive each other," Spencer compromises.Wait, when did he get here? I look at Callie and smile," I'm Holland by the way." "Oh I know," she says with a laugh," if you haven't noticed your one of the main topics around here."She smiles when she sees me blush and says," I think we'll be best friends."