Chapter Eighteen

Abby stood in a room filled with blood, it was everywhere, on the walls, on the floor, on the ceiling. Amongst the carnage lay the council members, they had been shredded to pieces. Abby turned in the spot, her breathing became rapid, she could feel the evil in the room.

She padded throughout the room, most of the faces were unrecognizable, whatever had done this had been strong. Her feet left trails of blood as she moved, checking for signs of life, deep down she knew she wouldn't find any.

She saw what was left of Selena by the door, her arm reaching out, in one last attempt at escape. Her hand flew to her mouth in shock and horror, what had happened here? She ran to the door desperate to find her friends, to make sure they were safe.

Running through the corridors of the castle she felt like her heart would explode from her chest, tears ran freely down her cheeks. She began screaming her friends names, the castle seemed deserted, there was no movement, no guards, nothing.

A smell assaulted her as she neared the dining room, she knew that smell, had tasted it. Flying through the door she stopped and wailed at the sight before her. Her small group of friends lay scattered through out the room. They were soaked in blood, each one of them torn to bits.

Her eyes zeroed in on a figure that lay half hidden behind a chair. Rushing over she fell to her knees, placing his head on her lap she began to rock backwards and forwards, her grief was so extreme. Someone had killed them all, how could she survive without Jarrod by her side. He was gone, there was nothing she could do to save him, they were all gone. Rising from her position, she looked around, her heart was broken, her friends had suffered so much. What should she do? She didn't know where to go for help.

As she turned around and around she caught a glimpse of someone. Heart racing she stopped, only then did she realize, it was her, her reflection.

She walked towards the mirror, it didn't look like her, was this some kind of trick. Her hair was plastered to her head, her face, clothes, everything was drenched in blood. Her eyes shone brighter than the moon, with what looked like excitement, her chest began to heave up and down.

She had a twisted grin on her face, hanging from her mouth were two sharp fangs, stained red. She began to hyperventilate as comprehension dawned on her, she had done this, she had killed everyone. Her screams began slowly, getting louder and fiercer by the second. Al her rage and anger poured through her, she had lost herself, lost her soul.

"My God you are beautiful" said a deep voice from behind her.

Snapping her head up she gazed in the mirror but saw no one. Turning slowly she gasped, a man stood before her. He looked intimidating to say the least, he wore a black silk shirt with matching black pants.

His features were hard, sharp cheekbones and chin, but his eyes. His eyes were as black as night. Backing up as far as she could go she hit the wall.

"Who are you?" she spat "Did you do this?"

He laughed at her, the light reflecting off his eyes gave him a sinister look.

"No" he said sharply.

Grief tore through her, she bowed her head,

"I did this" she said softly.

"Yes"

Abby could feel the anger build up in her.

"What do you want?"

For a brief moment Abby thought his face at softened as he contemplated her question.

"You"

"No more games, who are you?"

"You will find out soon enough, let's just say I am an admirer of your work."