Chapter Thirty One

After Selena's revelation the group broke up, no one wanted to interfere with why she didn't want to see her mother, after all she wasn't the only one with parental issues.

Abby and Jarrod decided to sit outside on the porch. They sat close together, their hands linked together, Abby's head rested on his shoulder. It was a beautiful night, the stars lit up the sky.

"I wish you didn't have to go through any of this" he sighed.

"It's not your fault, I guess in a weird way if none of this had happened, we wouldn't have met"

"And you wouldn't have found your father, or Zane"

Abby looked at him, she wondered if they could put the past behind them, now that he knew who he was.

"Do you still hate him?"

Jarrod ran his fingers through his hair. He knew who she was referring to, he wanted to try for her. She had so much to deal with, he didn't want to add to it right now.

"I don't hate him, but I'm sorry Abby I just cant trust him, not yet. I will try and be civil, for your sake though"

"It's a start, thanks"

He turned her face to his, running his hand around her neck until he cupped the back of her head. Bringing her forward he kissed her softly, moaning she lent in to him and deepened the kiss. The magic that was always within them came to life.

Jarrod couldn't get enough, he knew in his heart this was where he was meant to be. The fire that ran through his veins every time they touched told him so. He knew deep within his soul that they were meant to be together,he had never been so drawn to someone before. Sometimes the intensity of his feelings scared him.

A discreet cough interrupted them, for a moment their eyes met, unwilling to part from one another.

"Can I talk to you"

Julius voice drifted in to Abby's mind, then it registered that her dad had just caught her making out with her boyfriend. How she wished the ground would open up and swallow her whole, why did he have to pick now to have a little heart to heart.

Jarrod kissed her swiftly on the forehead before standing up, he gave Julius a curt nod and headed into the house.

"May I?" Julius gestured to where Jarrod had been sitting.

Abby shrugged her shoulders "There's no law against it"

Julius sat beside his daughter, his mind a whirl of emotions. Weather she liked it or not he had loved her from the moment she was conceived, she would never understand the heartache he had felt when he knew he had to give her up. But now she was fully a part of his world, now he could start making amends, if she would let him.

"Arn't you a little young for boyfriends" Julius winced, he couldn't believe he had just said that.

"Arn't you a little to late to playing the loving father card"

"Ouch, I deserved that"

Abby sat staring in to the distance, she didn't really want to snipe and argue with him, but she wasn't sure how to act around him.

"Abby, I'm sorry for everything youv'e been through, but I'm not sorry I left you"

"What!"

Damn, everything was coming out all wrong.

"That's not what I meant"

"Then why say it"

Julius stood and paced in front of her.