Chapter Ten

Abby woke the next morning feeling anxious. What if she had took what Jarrod said the wrong way. Maybe it was a date between friends. Even though she wanted to be more than friends she would rather have him as a friend than not at all.

"Shit" she muttered.

"Are you feeling all right?"

Abby jumped at the sound of Leah's voice, she hadn't even realised her friend was awake.

"What's up?" she asked rubbing her eye's "Youv'e been lying awake over there grumbling to yourself"

"Sorry" Abby replied biting her lip.

Leah reluctantly stumbled from her bed to Abby's.She sat down beside her,putting her hand on Abby's leg.

"Tell me what's got you so worried?" she asked.

Abby smiled at her.

"Jarrod asked me out yesterday, well he asked me to hang out with him on Friday, then when he left he said it's a date."

"That's great Abby" Leah said squealing and jumping up and down. "Jarrod's great, all the girls have been after him, he's never been interested before, I knew you were special"

Abby blushed "I'm not special Leah, what if I got it wrong and he just wanted to hang out as friends."

"Don't be silly, if he said it's a date it's a date. He's never asked me to hang out with him on my own"

Abby smiled at thought that he had never shown interest in girls till now.She felt a warm glow inside her, she couldn't wait till Friday, only two more day's to go.

*****************************************************************************************************************

The day's flew by for Abby.She was beginning to feel more comfortable with herself.She enjoyed most of her classe's and her teachers all seemed pleased with her progress. She was reaching new levels with her mind reading skills, it was funny how natural it came to her now. She never tried to read anybody's mind unless she was in class or Jarrod was training her. Jarrod had told her the next step for her was trying mind control even though Abby didn't feel comfortable with the prospect. Her fighting skills were improving, Abby was sometimes awed at the speed with which she could move.

Her new friends were perfect, they all seemed to fit together, it was like they had known each other for years.Cali seemed to be a bit hit and miss, it was like she was avoiding them,as if she didn't really want to hang out with them much.

Her favourite time of the day though was the time she spent with Jarrod. She had been nervous about speaking to him the day after he had asked her out, she needn't have been. He was the perfect gentleman. They had smiled at each other when they first saw each other, neither of them had mentioned the date. Jarrod had told her later that he haldn't told anyone because he didn't want her to feel uncomfortable,he was so sweet.

Friday had finally arrived and Abby couldn't contain her excitement. She had day dreamed through all of her lessons. Now she was unsure as both her and Leah were rooting through her clothes looking for something for her to wear.

"Abby you do realise your'e going to look great in anything you wear right? Do you have any idea were he's taking you?"

"I have no idea Leah, I wasn't even sure we could leave the grounds" Abby replied throwing another top into her do not wear pile.

"Yeah we can, only at the weekend's though and you have to have permission. Jarrod would'nt have a problem with that though, he spends allot of time with Mr. Carter. Ah ha" she said proudly holding up a pair of black skinny jeans and a white crocheted top.