Twenty Three

Thanks again for all your support. I would like to thank my newest fans Iamprilou, ChristnaArellano-ru,Marisela91 ,Bree111, ShaniceJJohnson, rockergirl20, Vikingjc and HeatherHershberger. Thank you all so much for the support, it really means a lot to me. I have dedicated this chapter to jenjjiyo who took the time to read and vote for Reach For the Stars, anyways happy reading :)

Abby dragged herself to bed, it had been an exhausting week. Training had become harder, but Abby excelled at it, everyday Marcus pushed her to her limit. As each day passed she became stronger, faster. She could read someones mind like a flick of a switch.

Despite medical care Zane had yet to wake. Both Selena and the Doc were confused, the poison had passed through his body, his wounds healed. Nobody was aloud in his room, except those two, plus there was always a guard at his door.

Calli had pretty much retreated into herself, she poured all of her efforts into training, if she wasn't training with them she was practicing magic with Selena. Her routine never changed, she would get up, train, eat, check with the guard on Zane's door and then go to bed.

Even though they themselves were exhausted they had tried to coax her out of it, Aiden it seemed was the only one she would talk too. At his word that she was okay they had backed off, gave her some space.

Fallen still had no news on her father, when Abby had approached her asking why it was taking so long, Fallen had looked at her like she was crazy. Centuries, she had centuries of archives to filter through, Abby had been shocked to imagine the sheer number of vampires out there.

Never in her wildest dreams had she imagined that she would find her home amongst the supernatural or that she would become one of them. It was times like these, when she was exhausted, weary even, that she missed her mother, her final thoughts were of her as she drifted in to a deep sleep.

Abby soon found herself walking through the woods, familiar woods. The sounds, the smells, she had been here before. She walked until she come upon a sight that made her eyes water.

Before her stood a cabin, their cabin, a home away from home her mother had called it. It had been a few years since she had been here. Her mother had brought her up here a few times over the years, the cabin was sturdy and cosy, nestled amongst the mountains.

Fond memories leaked into Abby's mind, she pictured her mother in front of the fire place, the glow lighting up her smile. Walking up to the cabin Abby smiled, this was were her mother had brought Abby for her first training session, not that she knew at the time that was what her mother had been doing.

She remebered the day clearly, she was five years old, they were on the move again. She had grumbled all the way, not understanding why she had to leave her friends. When they had reached the cabin, which had took forever, her mom had convinced her they were on a great adventure.

This place had held special memories for mom, she told me this was were she would come to meet her father. She haldn't understood at the time, but now she knew why, the reason for all the secrecy. It was still hard to believe that her loving sweet mother had fell in love with a vampire.

It had been early evening, and Abby had been so excited at the prospect of staying up late, when her mother called her outside. They had sat side by side on the grass, crossed legged.

"Where going to play a game now" her mother had said.

Abby nodded her head eagerly.

"Okay, now I want you to close your eyes, take deep breathes, relax"

Abby let out a giggle, opening one eye she peeked at her mom.

"No peeking now" her mother said sternly, but she had a soft smile on her face.