Chapter Thirteen : Paris

A.N. The music is "Paris" by Magic Man

The plane was noisy and exceedingly long. The old Riverside hoodie I was wearing was starting to grow old on the eight hour flight. I was on the window side with Molly talking excitedly to her millions of other friends on the isle side. My mangled wavy hair was tied into a loose braid that Molly volunteered to make for me. We would be landing any second in the evening of Paris France. My mind blocked out the music blasting from my headphones to white noise. I looked outside to see the blank rooftops of buildings, feeling quite drowsy and about to crash out. Behind the noise I could distinctly hear all of Camerons idiot friends talking about how many girls they would be hooking up with over the trip. I rolled my eyes behind the flicks of hair sliding down my cheeks.

With a thud, the plane had finally landed onto the smooth pavement of the Paris airport. Madams arms were thrown up in a frenzy of relief. She survived her fear of flying yet again and did not hesitate to make everyone clap awkwardly for the pilot.

As soon as everyone got off of the plane Madam rushed us to grab our luggage as fast as we could before being piled uncomfortably into vans bringing us to the hotel we would be staying at. Molly kept talking furiously about all her plans for the trip and how she guaranteed for an amazing three days.

When arriving to the hotel, everyone seemed quite surprised. We were all expecting to stay in some old worn down motel miles away from the warm city. Instead, the hotel was right downtown, bustling with life in every corner of the lobby. Glistening drapes, swooped in from lengthy windows overlooking the busy streets outside. Women in fancy outfits strut around carrying small dogs and big purses. Men strode around, boastful with a cigar in one hand, champagne in the other. I felt so small in just a sweater and my tattered jeans.

"What the hell?" Madam screamed.

People paused and stared in silence. I turned to see madam red in the face with either frustration or anger. She stomped over to the front desk in a firey matter, about to scream her head off.

"This is not the hotel I was assigned," Madam said firmly strained in french.

"I am so sorry miss," The frightened staff replied, "I-Im not quite sure what you mean,"

"My class was meant to stay in a different place, a motel perferibly in the countryside if i recall," She snapped.

Every student was listening and translating the bickering to themselves.

"Im sorry madam, but we have your schedule right here, you must have signed up fro the wrong hotel," The staff said calmly with a not very surprising terrified expression.

"Excuse me?" Madam was on the verge of losing it.

Suddenly, another staff showed up to the students waiting behind madam. "Here, sorry for the wait, please take your keys to your rooms and relax," She said kindly and quietly before Madam could stop anyone.

Students started to grab random cards and run up to their rooms as fast as they could. I snagged a card and sprinted to the elevator to take me to my room.

I roamed the hallways to see other students rushing to their rooms in a fast motion I couldnt seem to keep up with. I counted the rooms as i passed by. 510...511...512...513, my room. I slid the key card through the opening and grasped the handle of the door, slowly swinging it open.

My jaw dropped. The room was amazing. You entered into a brightly set living area decorated with couches and thick blankets. On the wall hung a wide flat screen with a bookshelf stocked with forgien french stories below. Only a few steps behind the living area was a small kitchen. Glazed countertops with stainless steel appliances and shiny dishes. A large window lay spread out to see the whole fasinating city of Paris. I was in a trance. Madam's motel idea of the country seemed awlful compared to this. I started to look around for my room and to see who my roommate was. I walked around the room to see that we had a lot of bedrooms. Three to be exact.