Chapter Tweleve : Dirty Puddles

A.N. Music to go along with the first scene will be "Me" by The 1975

there will also be some French...

The night sky never looked that beautiful in the city. It was always cloudy or shadowed with the bright lights below. So I was never really able to see it in it's natural way. Until tonight.

I was stretched out on my back, my clothes still not really dry but warmer than before. Shawn was on the other side of me. Stretched out on the park grass, looking at the stars the same way I did.

I never even knew this park had existed until now. Shawn and I were walking back to drop me off, when he saw this quite little cove where you could stare at the stars all night.

I exhaled slowly, feeling the crisp air around me start to grow thin.

"How long have we been here?" I asked.

Shawn checked his watch before answering, "About and hour and a half," He turned to face me facing him, "We should probably go huh?"

I gave a slight nod back at him. He sat up from the chilly grass as I did the same. Shawn pulled himself to a stand and reached his hand over to pull me up as well. When I latched my arm to his and I was sprung up from the ground, Shawn and I were nose to nose. I snapped out of it before he could. I tried to look at the ground or the stars to avoid his enviable stare, but I could already feel him start.

Our eyes lingered in one another. His were dark and furiously busy with thought. I could feel myself start to get lost in the dark sea. His body loomed over my small figure. My heart paced like it was in a marathon, excited and in a rush. It was just him, me, and the stars all in one moment. I couldn't help but stare at his mouth. The way he breathed. How much I cared about those lips.

I caught myself before I lost myself. Think Jolene. Shawn doesn't belong with you. Cameron doesn't belong with you. They belong with someone like Molly. They deserve Molly.

"Jolene," I was brought back to life by Shawn. He stood over me so our chests were centimeters away from colliding.

I wanted to grab his hand. I wanted him to hold me like he did only a night ago. I heard his voice, jumbled and lost in distortion. I shook my head trying to make the noises clear.

"I need to get you home," Each word he spoke got clearer and clearer until I could understand him.

I nodded, "Mm hm," I mumbled.

"You look absolutely exhausted," He released a deep chuckle that I adored.

"I know," I whispered. I suddenly felt my head drift and fall onto Shawn's chest effortlessly.

Shawn gave a quite laugh as he pulled me off of his chest.

"You can't fall asleep just yet Jo," Shawn explained.

"I like it when you..." I faded out into my head.

Shawn didn't even bother with a response or interruption. He simply let me drag on with my nonsense of words in my state of exhaustion.

"I like the way you talk," I finished.

"Really," Shawn said softly.

I gave a weak nod.

"Okay," You could hear the smile in Shawn's voice before he faded out.

With that, Shawn moved me over and started to lift me up so he held my back in one arm and my legs in another. I felt like I was leaving the alter with my husband. Except that I am practically acting drunk when I'm to this point of exhaustion.