3 - Bargaining

"Shit! I'm so late! I'm so late!"

Bakugou cursed to himself as he ran as fast as he could through the backstreets of the town, the alleyways that seemed to eerie that no normal student of their middle school dared to run through. Puddles of barbage water splashed under his feet and rats silently tittered around him.

As he finally got to the last stretch of the journey, he finally made up for his lost time. He saw the middle school in sight, trees swaying ever so gently in the wind. The scenery took his mind off the sizzling pain in his knuckles and the way his legs ached like hell.

Gently catching his breath, he tried to swim through the crowd, trying his hardest not to fall into somebody as he avoided the gaze of others. He wanted to get to class first, knowing that Izuku was always there last out of everyone, giving him no time to talk about Bakugou.

Everything was going fine, until...

"AGH!" Bakugou fell over somebody's foot. He landed almost face-first into the concrete. His cut hand ached harder and his knees seemed to be dotted red through his uniform, yet it was hardly noticeable.

Laughter rang through his ears, embarrassment taking a slight moment to settle itself into the situation.

He got up, a little bit dazed. Turning around, he saw Izuku, standing smugly with his arms crossed, and his foot stuck out. Bakugou grit his teeth.

Izuku smiled, "Sooorry~ Baka-gou~" he chuckled along with his friends, watching Bakugou scramble to his feet.

Quickly and without hesitation, Bakugou took to his feet and ran, he didn't care about the laughing now, he just needed to be somewhere quiet.

Running into the classroom, Bakugou swiftly manuvered to the desk in the furthest corner of the room. He sat down with a slight sigh, looking down at his leg. He pulled up his trouser (A/N : I'm British, we call 'Pants' trousers. And our 'underwear ' we call pants just in case you didn't know.) and examined his knee. It was a bright shade of pink, sore and it looked like it had been ever so slightly grazed, only a few small dots of scarlet. Not that it bothered him all too much.

As he heard the rolling door open, he fumbled with his trousers to readjust the length. He then scurried around in his bag to get his unfinished homework out and found a HB pencil.  He didn't look up to see the person entering the room, but assumed it was another loner.

"Baka-gou~"

Bakugou tilted his head up, seeing Izuku - all by himself - sitting on the chair in front of him, however, he was sat facing him.

"Ah, come on, buddy! Don't ignore your best friend!" Izuku said in a sweet voice.

Bakugou growled, "What the fuck do you want?"

With a sigh, Izuku swayed back and forth on the chair, the tapping of the chair was almost exactly in time with the clock on the wall, "Language, Katsu. I don't want you getting in trouble, now."

Bakugou remembered the events prior.

"Fuck you," Bakugou put his head down, the gut wrenching sound of his mom yelling at him this morning made him remember the anger he felt, "You always want the worst for me, and you even went as far as to press bullshit charges on my family. You're such a fucking liar-!" He bit his lip as he heard the rolling door open once again as a small army of gossip girls and lonely boys trying to talk with said girls filed into the classroom, five minutes early to class. Izuku lowered his voice too.

"Those accusations weren't bullshit, Katsu. You know that for a fact. You exploded and I have to wear a hearing aid, eh?" Izuku seemed to become a bit darker than usual, as if this was somehow painful for him too. Bakugou felt sick to his stomach, "Now, I'm here to make a small deal. My friend's going through a bit of a hard time, and well, her parents are kind of neglecting her needs. So, either we go harder on you, or you give her your lunches for the next few weeks. Deal?"

The fuck did you just say to me?

THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?!

"The fuck do you think I am?! A goddamn slave?!" Bakugou almost shouted, and only a few eyes were on them. He couldn't care less though, so he simply reinforced his demeanour.

"What else are you good for?"

That response made Bakugou scrunch his fists up together and his face went red.

He sat up and gathered his things together, gritting his teeth and letting a low growl echo through his throat. He stormed his way out of the classroom, parting the whispering and gossiping crowds. He left the room and made his way to the nurse's office, the one person in his life he could vent to without judgement.

Izuku sat at the desk, resting his head on his hand and looked out of the window with a bored look. He thought to himself.

Ah... Only a few more years left... Better make the most of it.

That was until one of his 'friends' came up and startled him. He looked up at them, "Oh, hey... Uh..." It took him a moment to remember who it was, "What is your name again?"

The person chuckled, "I told you, I'm called whatever you want to call me," Their voice was indescribable, like the voice you'd hear at the back of you mind whilst reading something. And they looked... How would you describe it?... Alike the first face you'd imagine when you said the word 'human', varying all the time.

Yet this was considered 'normal'.

"Oh, right. Anyway, sorry, he just stormed off when I made the deal." Izuku replied.

"Ah, well. Anyway, how's this lifetime treating you?" the person questioned.

Izuku smiled, looking back out of the window, "It's going fine! I really must thank you."

The person spoke once again, "Good. Now, remember to make the most of it, my quirk has its defects."

Izuku seemed to dull a bit, and he sighed, "... Yeah... Its a shame... I enjoy giving payback..."

The person spoke once more, "I was surprised as to how well you adjusted, I'm glad I made a deal with you."

As dull as before, Izuku nodded.

Keeping a dull conversation, the person and Izuku spoke until class started.

However, Izuku's mind wasn't on the teacher.

Was that deal really a good idea?

OHOHO
DONT WORRY, THIS 'DEAL' SHALL BE REVISITED LATER ON.
AND IN A WAY, YES THAT PERSON WAS A PHYSICAL QUIRK THAT MANIFESTED INTO THE STORY. THEY ARE ESSENTIAL TO THE STORY!

The titles also relate to the five stages of grief, D A B D A. There will be more than five chapters though don't worry. XD

Also, question - should I make this into a BakuDeku? Or nah? It doesn't impact the story too much, just gives me an excuse to write Bakugou x Deku stuff. Just comment and give your opinion.

Thanks for reading!