1 - Denial

"Baka-gou, Baka-gou, where did he go?
Baka-gou, Baka-gou, with a runny nose,
Crying and running, all the way home!"

All the poor, blonde-haired child heard around him was the childish chanting of seven other kids, dancing and laughing at him as he was curled up in the centre of the sandpit. Tears threatened to wet his face, and his lips trembled harshly. Face burrowed in his knees, he wished that he could just sink into the sand, disappear from his nestled space in the park playground.

"Shut up! Shut up!" His voice shook, and as soon as that tiny tremor was spoken through the air, laughing insued.

"Hahaha! He's crying!"
"Hear that, Midoriya?! He's scared!"
"Go and run, scaredy cat!"
"He won't, he's too afraid of us!"
"That's what a weaklink like him should think of us."

"Fuck off!" He lifted his head, finally. His angry, growlish voice ripped through the air.

Silence and stillness stopped the air in its place. Bakugou, breathing heavily, snot and tears streaming down his face and onto his shirt and shorts, realised his mistake. His eyes locked quickly onto the young Izuku's. The child was folding his arms, around four other children gathered around and beside him, a smirk plastered on his face.

He leaned in a little, and just as Bakugou was going to tuck his face away, another child grabbed the back of his head with a fistful of spiked hair. The child sounded big and rough, a stupid voice, "Look, Midoriya, you must be like a monster to him!" Deku chuckled at this remark.

He smiled, the green-haired one spoke, in that sickly-sweet voice that oozed pathetic insults, "That's mean of you, Baka-gou, I feel insulted. I'm not that vile, am I?" He saw the fear strike Baka-go's widened eyes.

Baka-gou - the name given to the poor child. Deku, at the time of hearing Katsuki's name, couldn't really figure out the difference between 'a' and 'u'. So, when he found out the difference between Baka and Baku, Izuku deemed it fit that his name was now the literal meaning of 'Idiot'.

Other kids may have called him Katsu - as a joke on the word cat, or scaredy cat - but Izuku found these names to be stupid and a bit too childish.

Bakugou trembled harshly under the glare of the children circling him. In the sunset light, an orange glow mocked him. The sky was beautiful, but the situation most certainly was not. The singing of the birds was sweet, but the children's words definitely weren't. Even the sand felt nice underneath him, but the grasp that a kid had on his hair was overruling the satisfying feeling.

Finally, some sense was knocked into him, and he began to struggle. As he jolted his head forward, he yelped as the grip got tighter, and his hair was almost yanked out. Izuku stepped back a little, much to Bakugou's dismay. He clenched his teeth and finally got a grip on the kid's hand, prying it off of his scalp.

Without wasting any time, he jumped to his feet and began to charge in Izuku's direction. The children all moved out of the way, and in the sudden absence of stability, Bakugou fell face-first into the rough ground of the playground, the sandpit being left behind.

Laughing poured in his ears, and rage drowned him. Eyes aflame, Bakugou got to his hands and knees, gritting his teeth and allowing the tears to finally fall. He heard quirks being set off behind him, and the indistinct chatter that dispersed in the air. He picked up on a random word.

Fight.

If this is what they wanted, Bakugou thought to himself, a fight is what they're gonna get.

Getting to his feet, the weak blonde-boy let out a grunt, and ran into the crowd again, ears ringing and heart pretty much vibrating. He forgot the pain for a moment, as white blinded his vision.

His quirk made the sounds around him insignificant, bombs popping in his mind and burning in his hand.

It felt like only moments, yet it seemed as though it may have been a few minutes, as Bakugou woke up on the ground. The floor around him was a dirty black, and the clothes on him were singed the same colour. He sat up, and looked around. Vision blurry, it took a moment for him to recognise the fact that he was the only child conscious. Teachers, parents and bystanders seemed to have gathered around the clique of children that opposed him, asking if they were OK, and asking what happened.

As he got up, coughed and looked around, reality hit him like a tonne of bricks.

He saw the group of kids, all unconscious, sprawled on the ground and spread far apart from each other as the blast of the explosion had knocked them about a bit. He saw Izuku Midoriya, laying, and his mother running over with a worried face. Tears threatened to come out of Bakugou's eyes, as up thrown ash slowly snowed down on them. A black, sick snow.

"Izuku? Izuku! Wake up," She was nervously shaking her child awake, alike all the other parents in the area. As Izuku slowly stirred and woke, a sigh of relief escaped her mouth, yet tears fell down her cheeks, "Oh, sweetie, what happened?!"

Suddenly, Bakugou felt a harsh hand touch his shoulder. He nervously looked up, behind him was his mother. A conflicted look locked her face in a weird position. Halfway between sympathy, worry, disappointment and anger. She spoke in a low tone, "Did you do this, Katsuki?"

Bakugou stood stock still. So did his mother.

A moment passed, and a sigh escaped her lips. She shook her head, massaged her temples and looked away from her child. She didn't want to, nor needed to, face him and explain her emotions in this situation. Instead, she walked over to Izuku's mother and kneeled down, looking at the damage to her son, who couldn't exactly defend himself with no quirk.

Suddenly, Izuku looked over his shoulder, locking eyes with Bakugou, and flashed a smirk. He suddenly held his mother close and cried, "It was him!" He put on an amazing performance, "He walked up to us and wanted to fight! We didn't want to, but he ran at us and-- and--"

Inko suddenly held her son close as he sobbed, and looked Mitsuki in the eye, "Did your son do this?"

Mitsuki seemed to reel back as she felt the eyes of other parents on her, "Inko--"

"Did your son do this, or not?!"

She stayed silent. She saw parents walk away from the corner of her eyes, carrying or walking their shell-shocked children away with them. Inko spoke words like knives, "Get your son under control, otherwise I will get the authorities to interfere."

Inko left, helping her child up with her. Not before Izuku flashed another evil smirk to Bakugou.

Mitsuki slowly got to her feet, and walked over to her son, Bakugou simply standing there - probably more shell-shocked than the others combined. Grabbing him by the ear, she dragged him over to the car, yet he didn't respond like he usually would.

Authorities? Aren't they... The police? No, no, no, no! I can't let mom get in trouble!

Why is Midoriya so mean..?

Holy - - I know this story idea is bad and the writing is even worse, but whatever. I hope you enjoy. Probably gonna update every week???
I'll check up on y'all later.