A Crimson Morning

Word of warning!! WARNING WARNING WARNING!! This chapter will be a weeee bit gorey C; DON'T WORRY If you're squeemish, hold your breath :I I KNOW I DON'T REALLY TALK TO YOU ALL VERY MUCH, BUT THAT'S CAUSE I'M REALLY SHY O; I'm just really really mad right now and my shyness has been shoved into a corner e 0e Me: Shyness, get int hat corner >:U!! *shyness sulks to the corner* Hehehe, I win @3@

~~~~~

~~

~

"Alright, now do a back flip into a spin and then finish with a swan." Clara was barking orders as usual into the micro phone she bought recently. I did as she say, breathing heavily through my gills. Something must have happened at home for her, becuase she usually doesn't work us this hard. "Okay, now dance with Zander like you're doing the Tango!" Zander swam up and put a hand on my side, I put mine on his shoulder, then we both put our hands together, swimming and spinning. "Zander," deep breath, "I really think it's break time."

Zander spun me in a circle around him, "I think so too." Clara brought the micro phone back up to her mouth, "Now, Leon, go and take her from him and continue passing her back and forth as if you both want her and then she's going to swim up and do a jump out of the water and back in before smacking you both." I turned to her and yelled so she could hear me, "Are you sure this is Child Friendly?!" She waved me off, "It's for the adult showing at 9 P.M., It's completely fine." Leon took me from Zanders grip. Zander couldn't have looked happier. This remark of, "Finally, I don't have that uncordinated bum near me," just further proved my point. I looked down as I danced with Leon.

"Don't let that Caveman's words hurt you. He's just a thick headed criminal." Zander came over with a smile, "What was that buddy?" and he knocked him in the face. I put up a barrier wall between them with a sigh. Pulses of red flashed every now and then. Simply a reminder that I was slipping up my game. Truthfully, after this week, I don't even mind anymore. Just another factor of life, something else I have no control over. Zander and Leon were screaming at each other loudly. I turned and swam to our ship. The only thing that stopped me in my tracks was Zanders words. "You don't have to be sitting here worrying if your brother is alright, if they're telling your parents that you ran away again. Or even that you're dead. You don't have to think about how your family's going to survive without you there to provide for them. You don't know pain!" I let a shadow fall over my face and I swam to the top, to the metal floor. "Leon, dry me!"

A burst of heat dried my tail completely in seconds. I scrambled to my feet with rage. I can't believe I had completely forgotten about Zander having a little brother! Goddess, what's wrong with me! I can't believe I dragged Zander into this knowing, knowing, that he had a younger brother. I'm a horrible person! The door slammed behind me, my feet made tapping noises as I ran down the spiral staircase. On the last step my foot slipped; I hit the steps with a grunt.  "Clara!" I screamed as I got to my feet; running throuhg the last door to get to her. "Who said that you could take a break!?" I stalked up to her, a knife of water in my hand, "We need a ride."

~~~

Not even an hour later she was dropping us off at Zanders house. I had on a blue sun dress and a godzilla sized white sun hat. Zander was wearing a black suit, no tie, the top buttons undone and Leon was wearing something casual yet complicated. A pair of old looking jeans, a white tank top with a red jacket over it, his hair was slicked back and one earphone was in, the other hanging. Zander walked up onto his porch slowly. I put a hand on his shoulder for comfort, but got a glare that could kill instead. Geesh, you do somehting nice for this guy, yet he hates you.

Well, I can't complain, that suit, Goddess knows where he got it from, suited him perfectly. Every few seconds, I'd look him up and down real quick. No one noticed, and Clara had stayed in the car. That's a good thing by the way; no one wants her around. She's a horrible horrible person. "Stop hesitating and open the damn thing, Zander. I don't want any where near this nasty place as long as I don't have to." I spun around and caught Leon's jaw with the heel of my foot before Zander could do anything about it. A scream cut through our scene.

The scream of a small child in pain.

It didn't take three seconds for Zander to burst through that door to see His brother rolling on the ground holding his face and crying out. It also didn't take very long for him to jump the man on teh couch with a book in his hands. A bloody book. Blood. I ran to the kid, pulling his hands from his face. His cheek was bleeding, so was his mouth lip. I felt an anger take over me and I stood up slowly. "Zander, back away." He continued beating the guy in the face with his fist. I raised my voice, "Leon, get the boy and take him to the hospital," I focused on the back of Zanders head, "Zander, stop." His body froze. A body is mostly made up of water, so there for, I can control it if I want.

Personally, I won't do that unless it's absolutly needed though. "Go with Leon to the Hospital please." He took one more punch before following Leon out the door.

This monsterous human here will pay in more blood than that boy did. "What's your name." Not a question, a statement.

"That brat made me! It's all his fault he got hit. He didn't get me a beer like I told him to!"

"I asked your name, not your pathetic reason."

"It's all his fault! His ^%$(*& of a mother just had to give birth to him after she had that %^&#$@! cursed boy!"

I bit into my lip, "Hello, I'm Mizu, and I'm going to make you feel sheer agony." My voice was sing songy, like that of a person who was way too happy. I walked towards him, eyes never leaving his face, smile spreading across my cheeks. In my perefial vision I saw broken pictures on the wall, splatter after splatter of stains. Shattered glass and cups lay in place on the brown carpeted flooring.

By now I lumed over him.

By now fear was spreading over his face.

By now my hands were covered in blood.

By now, he no longer had an eye.

"How's it feel?! How does it feel to have an eye gouged out? Hurts don't it? Awee, poor baby gonna scream?" I grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back until I heard a loud crack. The fat man screamed louder, attempting to strike out with his free fist. Don't get me wrong, he hasn't been able to fight back these last few minutes at all, I've had a hold on the water in his body. Which, isn't very much due to all the alchol.

For growing up with this man, Zander sure did turn out real good. Who'd a thunk it! I kicked him in the side of the head across the room. His head collided with the wall and he Screamed out in agony again. I found my way to the bathroom using the piping of the house.

Surprisingly, it was the cleanest part of the house. White walls with light brown boarding and little light houses placed in random places too. The toilet was a glistening white, and the sink was in a counter. I hopped up onto it and began washing my hands slowly, watching as the blood swirled down the drain. My Tail came in and it was completely different.

It was now a crimson red, coming down into a fin like the little mermaids, down both sides are now long spikes, connected together by a thin, red, webbing like that of a ducks foot. Around where my mermaid tail met my hips, yes, mermaid and mermen have V lines, is a belt of rusted chains. Without thinking I glanced at the mirror, then double took and fell off the sink tot he black and white tiled ground.

My hair was cromson red.

Tears fell down my cheeks and I curled up into a ball. I saw a hair drier through blurred vision. I reached for it; drying my fin with it. When my legs came back, I ran out of the house to the old couples place. They opened the door and I rushed in. The first words out of the womans mouth was, "Oh god, your hair!" before I burst into tears