Mermaid Tale- Legend of the Mermaid's heart in the bay.

Swimming. Swimming. Swimming. That's all I ever do. Swim, swim, swim. I want something different, can you blame me? I know this bay like the back of my hand. I've pulled up a few dead bodies in my time, but I've always helped bring justice in any way that I can. I'm a good mermaid, not like the ones you see in the ocean who have let their hearts go to the salt.

I want a life outside of this dirty bay. It use to be nice and clean and I swam with the river dolphins and rays and fish. Then all this polution came, killed them all. I'm not angry at the people though, even though it was their working that has killed my friends. I just miss them.

Now I'm also not the prettiest mermaid in the world. Thanks to this sludge and grime and waste, I've become hideouse. I've got matted, slime coverd hair, greese and gross stuff all over my tail, I've got some weird stuff all over my face and my eyes I can feel are getting heavier and heavier each day. I think I'm dieing, when a mermaids not happy she dies. Same go for mermen, but they're too stuck up to care.

I want to see the sky again, I want to be able to feel the sun cloak my body under the water. "That's it, I've made a decision. It should be around 3:30 pm up on the land. I don't have much time so I'll beach myself like a whale. I will die in the sun." With that screamed in to watter, I started up 47 feet out of my deep dark cave and up to the top, up towards the beach!

I feel the energy draining out of my body with in the first ten minutes. Ten more and I'll be up at the top, making my way to the hot sand.I smile widely and I pop my head out of the water, look around for any boats or anything. Nothing, how lovly, absultly nothing, with that I pull up on the beach and roll onto my back. Breathing in the fresh air, just lying there. My breathing slows and I stair at the sky.

God the sun feels good, dear god I missed it so much. I raise my hand towards the sun, wishing I could hold it in my hands forever; never let it go. I drop my hand and suddenly lose all strength in my body. My head turns to the side, my tummy stops grumbling and my vision fades in and out. "At least I'll die in the warmth of the sun." I mummble, stairing at a figure running towards me.

"Hey, it's a log, lets go climb on it!" A young boy screams as I feel a big weight on my fin. "No, stop, it's breathing! Is it a person, or the lake monster?!" A little girls voice wails, I hear a loud thunk on the ground next to me. I giggle, looking over at her. She screams and scoots back. All the little kids start screaming and crying and start to run. One doubles back and kicks me. Grunting I curl into a ball on my side, whimpering.

"That hurt, why'd you kick me child, that's not very nice!" The child screams one last time and runs off to catch up with his friends. I black out and all I hear is the lapping of the water, rocks crunching behind me and the feel of strong arms around me, pulling me across the rocks of the bay. I fall asleep and that's the last bit I remember. I'm probably being taken off to be gutted and mantled, maybe even off to a scientists lab.

Old Man's POV ♥

"Hey hun, we got another one. Go get the tub ready and I'll make the lunch." I call to my acient love. "Ok, and by another one you mean, another one?"

" Yea, she's in way worse condition then the last one, sadly."

"Ok, bring her on up, I got the water ready." I drag her up the carpeted steps, being careful of the tail and continue my way up to the bathroom. When I get there me and the wife roll her on into the tub. It instantly turns black and we gotta raise her up again. Good thing I took a dolphin raising device and installed it into the tub.

we drain the water and fill it up again 5 times before we even come close to seeing the tail's real color. We carefully get a wash rag and  clean the grime away from her tail, little by little. Once we see the wonderful turquise and green mixture of her shiney tail, we go to work on that matted grimey hair.

I work on the skin and my wife, Marry, continues to work on her hair, her skin is as pail as snow and when Marry gets done with that hair, it's the color of her tail. We dry her off and drag her down the hall to the spare bedroom. I walk down the steps and begin making fish sandwhiches for us all. Five for the mergirl, one for Marry and two for me.

Marry comes down, grabs her sandwhich and runs out the door. No doubt to the store for some cute clothes for the girl. I sit down and start eating my sandwhich. Half hour later I hear sounds of the bed squicking. "When you're ready you can come on down!" I call up, laying out in my recliner.

Girls POV-

"When you're ready, you can come down!" I hear that old raspy voice again. I groan and instaintly reatch up to scratch my head. My hands met smooth hair, smoth silky hair! I bolt up, through the thing covering me off my tail, or where my tail should be, and  screamed. I was clean, I was clean! Oh thank the heavens I was clean!

I look down again and there were these perfect legs, I mean like human legs! I squeal with delight and go to stand up and face plant. These legs wer like gel, they won't work! I try again and end up standing with my knee's together and my palms on the floor. I push up and I fall backwards.

Ten minutes later I finally get the hang of standing. Next stop, walking! I take a step forward and instantly fall to my knee's. I growl once and try again. After about a half hour I get the hang of walking and standing, so I make my way down the hall.

"Hello?" I call, leaning over the hand rail of the steps, "Kitchen," being the only word in responce I stalk towards it. That raspy old voice leading the way. "Food's on the counter. Help yourself." I look around. So many flat, shiny, surfaces! Oh, oh and look! little soft squares on a circle! Wow, so many shapes! I squeal in delight and run to the cirlce with the squares.

Shoving two in my mouth and carring three in my hands I walk through a large rectangle. After swollowing the massive bites in my mouth I take in the new room. So many shapes every where! "So, how is your world, our last visitor hasn't come back in about 30 years. How is she, Lucey, Lucey was her name."

Gaping at the old man, I crouch down, place the sandwitches on the floor and bow. "She was killed by a tsunami around that time. She was a dear friend of mine and was greatly respected. We greived for many years for her. By the way, if you don't mind me asking, are you possibly the nice couple that had saved her from some fishermen?"

He nodded and stood up, pointing to a soft pink rectangle. "Sofa." I gaze in awe and crawl around the room, having him name everything. An hour later his wife, whose name I had learned name was marry, came in carring five plastic bags. I stand up and look at her, my head turning to the side. "Come on, we must get some clothes on you my dear!"

She reatched out with incredible strength for some one who looked about to fall to peices, and dragged me up the steps. "Wait, what-" She laughed and shoved me into the room I was once in.