Chapter 4- Take A Hint

Wahhh, I really am changing a lot. I just can't stand how empty my sentences looked before. Oh my god, why did you guys even read this terrible fanfic lol. Anyway, here's the next edited, kind of different chapter, enjoy! 

*****************************************************

The sky was pale this time, not a single cloud in the sky. Still, the village was as busy and early as ever as I slumped forward in my bed, thinking about how tired I was and wondering how a dream could last so long. 

An accidental growl ripped through me as I heard obnoxious laughter filtering in through my window, a woman talking about being the first to get to the big market sale or something like that. Why was I so grumpy? I know I had slept for nine hours last night. Apparently, thinking about why I was here and what I was going to do while I was here was stressful and tiring enough to exhaust me. 

For a moment, I wished I was back in my other world (should I call it that?), thinking of the quiet and peacefulness of my apartment, of the absent stress there was when I was all by myself. It still didn't feel real, being gone from there. Did anybody at that school even know I was missing? Or was I just hallucinating for what felt like the longest time?

I sighed. I was probably thinking too hard. Mornings always depress me. Just like Chi. 

"I depress you?" Chi muttered, her own eyes fluttering open, looking at me with annoyance from having to hear all my troubled thoughts. 

"You're a bloodthirsty demon. Am I supposed to be excited?" I retorted, shoving the covers off my legs. 

"You didn't seem to opposed yesterday, confronting that forehead girl. Don't think I didn't feel it." Chi remarked, a smug smile on her face. I scowled. 

"It's okay to get pissed off sometimes. Your problem is you're PMS-ing all the time."I muttered, and she growled, opening her mouth to protest.

A knock interrupted her fervently angry monologue, causing me to groan. 

"Better not be that stupid Uchiha," I said as I shuffled to the door, opening it slowly. 

Sparkling blue eyes met mine, cheerful and warm. I was unable not to smile back, my eyes softening. It was just Naruto. 

The wide smile he had sported on his face began to fade as soon as he saw me. Confused, I looked as he dropped his gaze, his cheeks flushing. 

"Y-you're not wearing your mask." My eyes almost bulged out of my head. I covered my face, cursing myself mentally. 

"Shit, sorry. I'll go-"

"No! It's not a problem! I just don't understand why you would wear one." Naruto said, glancing at my face with a little bit of awe. I grimaced.

"That's because it distracts from the rest of me. It's all people ever see after I take it off." A little bitterness entered my tone, and he must have sensed it, sending me a sympathetic smile. 

"I kinda understand what you mean." He replied sadly. I shook my head. 

"Don't get depressing on me. Sexy people only smirk, or something like that."

"Where are you getting this from? A manual?"

"Oh, so you've got jokes?" I retorted, causing him to grin again. 

"What can I say? You bring out the best in me, believe it." He replied, putting his hands on his hips and posing. 

After a bit more bantering, I finished getting ready and we began walking toward the Academy together, practically attached to the hip. I thought Naruto would be cautious at first, starting a new friendship, hesitant to reach out until he was certain he could trust me. But once we established we both liked ramen and that I didn't think he was anything but cool, he accepted me with open arms.