What Is Going On?

HALEY 

            I don’t know what to say. The biggest boy band in the world is sitting in the back of my car. I’m not a huge fan of them…well at least not now. I used to be beyond obsessed like I could barely hold a conversation without thinking about them. I still am a fan, its just junior year came along and suddenly I had absolutely no time to spend hours at night watching them run around and say random things in videos. I will always love them though cause once a directioner, always a directioner.  Oh god, they’re all staring at me. What am I supposed to do? I probably look like an idiot just staring at them. Oh no my mouth is open, what if I drool? So many thoughts are running through my head right now. Maybe I could offer them something. They’re probably thirsty! I could give them some water or lemonade or maybe they would want a Shirley Temple! Oh wait…I can’t make a Shirley Temple and I also don’t have any water or any drinks in my car. I’m right back to square one.

            “Ummm whats your name?” A deep voice interrupts my thoughts who I immediately associate with Harry. I could still recognize their voices anywhere. I have always wanted to hear that voice in real life. I heard it so many times in interviews and now to hear it just a foot away from me was unreal. Wait, what did he just ask? My name, that’s right, just my name. What I get called by everyday. What’s on my birth certificate. What I write on thousands of things throughout my life. My name.  Why can’t I remember my name? It has something to do with a season I think. Hayden Springs? No no that doesn’t sound right. Hermoine Falls? No I’m definitely not in Harry Potter.

            “Ahh Haley Winters, what a coincidence,” A grown voice said right next to me. The sound of my name triggers my brain back to normal. I close my mouth and spin around to face the voice. Paul is sitting there with a bit of a smile on his face. His arms are crossed but not in an angry way, more of a relaxed way.

            “How the hell do you know my name?” I asked. I had always loved Paul but right now he was creeping me out.

            “You know Tom? I’m sure you do. Well he gave me your name and what you look like, so I can find you,” He replied. The name struck something in my head.

            “How do you know Uncle Tom?” He wasn’t actually my uncle, but he was just one of those people I had known since I was a baby and was practically my uncle. I only saw him a couple times a year since he lived in Canada but I trusted him like family. How does Paul know Tom? This was beyond creepy. Maybe these are all rapists who disguised themselves as One Direction and learned everything about me and now are going to kidnap me and take me away. I can’t fight all of them. Goodbye life, you were alright.

            “Just drive and I’ll explain later. We have to get going”

            “No way am I going anywhere until you tell my what the fuck is going on! I don’t trust you guys so if you want to get out of my car then go ahead but if not then don’t tell me to drive until I know where we’re going and how you know me” Well I got angry quickly. Its bad habit of mine, but he is starting to freak me out. I don’t do super well with strangers, especially creepy ones.

            “Would you please just drive?” Paul said with a tiny bit of anger in his voice. I crossed my arms and glared right back at him. My foot would not be touching the gas pedal  until he made some sense. After a bit of a staring contest, Paul let out a sigh. ”Alright. Do you know what Tom does up in Canada?” This was an odd question but of course I knew.

            “Yea, he works with bacteria.”

            “Oh good, so you already know. Well the bacteria got loose and I got asked to save you when it appeared. Now could you drive?” That didn’t make any sense.