Wait...Fun Still Exists?

ZAYN 

            The best way to describe this morning was awkward.  No one knew what to say as to not tip Louis over the edge. He hadn’t said a single word since he found out. Just seeing the look on his face, made all of the rest of our hearts break. We all had siblings and most of us girlfriends, and just thinking about losing them made us want to break down. I had no idea if he was going through sadness or anger or denial or any of the other stages, but I had a feeling he wasn’t at acceptance yet. The tears had glided down his face for a good four hours yesterday. He was pushing away the world, even when Danielle wiped the tears off his face, he wouldn’t flinch or make a single emotion. I don’t think he even felt her. Seeing him now, staring at the window almost made me cry myself. The thing was none of us could do anything except let him be. Every single one of us wanted to talk to him, to cheer him up but he had literally blocked us out. We had tried everything from Niall’s impressions to Harry’s pep talks to my ridiculous faces to Liam’s little innuendos. It was as if he was in a soundproof box, away from all of us. This is why it was so awkward, because we kept trying but nothing worked. Nothing at all. Everyone had pretty much just given up, well except for Paul. He hadn’t said a single word about this, but glanced a few times in his direction as if to check that he was still alive. The silence had settled over all of us right now as we once again drove down a barren highway.

            “Alright who stinks? I’m sorry, but the stench is overwhelming in this car. I’m gonna pass out unless we get a bottle of Febreeze in here,” Haley broke the silence. There was united sniff as we all checked our 4-day-old clothes. A look of disgust brushed over everyone’s faces as we realized how much our outfits had been through and that it did not do them any justice.

“Geez, I don’t even think the zombies stink this much, not to mention I think all the hairspray has melted into a pot of disgusting,” Perrie said while glancing at all the boys deflated hair.

“Paul we need a shower and some new clothes before the zombies smell us from across the country,” Harry announced. An agreement echoed throughout the car. Paul let out a chuckle as if to say like that will happen at this moment. Haley glanced over at him and of course had to prove him wrong.

“Community pool ahead, hold on!” Haley warned before jerking the car into a parking lot, but this time there were a few cars parked here. No one seemed to notice the unusualness of occupancy, but it definitely struck Paul and me.

“Hold up. There are cars here, which could mean anything. I want everyone to grab their guns and hide them in their jackets. Keep your hands on them and don’t be afraid to shoot. If someone is attacking you, it would be better to have them gone then have you turn into one of them. You do not have to kill them, but a bullet can slow them down. They may not feel anything due to this illness but they are still human,” Paul ordered as we shuffled around to find our guns and stuff them in our jackets. “Ready?” he asked. A deep sigh was let out by everyone as we had no idea what to prepare for. We got out of the range rover and Paul immediately went over to Louis wrapping his arm around him, protecting him. I don’t think I even saw Louis grab his gun, did he even hear Paul? Louis was starting to really frighten me. Before I could worry about Louis any more, Perrie wrapped her arms around me, fear stricken across her face. I gave her a kiss on the top of her beautiful head comforting her that everything will be okay. We moved as one to the doors and opened them with hesitation.

Yet nothing awaited us on the inside. Well, I shouldn’t say nothing, a giant empty pool sat there glistening inviting us to jump in. As if on cue all of us turned to Paul, widening our eyes in plea. He held up his hand to say hold on. We followed him around the building as we checked every single room only to find random shampoos or clothes strewn around most likely from people rapidly escaping. The smell of chlorine followed us everywhere practically steering us back to the pool. Eventually when not a single other person was found, he gave us permission. At once we all stripped down to our underwear and jumped into the pool, enveloped in water. Not a single worry line graced anyone’s face, well except Louis who sat on the side of the pool next to Paul staring out the window. A splash from Niall brought me back to the giant splash war going on right now. Water sprayed in every possible direction and this time there was not only one direction. Every side of the pool was soaked to the point that Paul and Louis had moved back all the way to the wall. I wasn’t even sure they were safe there, especially with Haley and Harry’s mini war going on. A smile stretched to their cheeks as they pushed their arms against the water almost drowning the other person. I elbowed Liam showing him the flirty fight and he gave me a wink then dived underwater. Before long Haley and Harry were jumping and screaming saying something was in the water. I was almost in tears from laughing so hard as they screamed shark or zombie. Liam finally surfaced and the realization wiped over their faces and soon another splash war had begun.

The hours drifted by as we dove, splashed and laughed, but eventually Paul forced us to exit and off to the showers we went. We took turns guarding as we all showered, including Paul and Louis, who Paul had forced to. Before long we were off in the car again after having used air hand dryers to dry off ourselves. It wasn’t long that we were on the road though, before we pulled into a Target since according to Haley our clothes still reeked. The hilarity ensued as we had the entire Target to ourselves. The girls ran over to the clothes pulling almost every rack off, while we found the mini jeeps and rode around the store. We played all the holiday cards and of course Niall found the food aisle. We grabbed some food for the car, but of course made sure to eat plenty now. The girls dressed us all and we walked down the aisle as if it were a runway in the ridiculous outfits we had been forced to wear. I saw Paul even stifle a laugh. It felt like a montage in a movie, but it was missing something.

“We need music! I’m gonna go find some!” I announced to everyone as I followed the signs hung along the ceiling, leading me towards the CDs. I finally got there and started scanning. The first aisle was all oldies, good but just not the right moment. I began to move on to the next aisle, but stopped before I entered. A very strange sound had stymied me and I’m glad it did. I looked up and saw a horrific sight. Ragged old clothes on the distinct green skin surrounded a chewed up body, at least I think that’s what it was. It was hard to tell what the thing even was, but I knew I shouldn’t be there. It was too late however, the thing stopped its chewing and looked up at me. I had never seen its eyes, but they were strangely normal. For a second I thought a real human was looking at me, as if it was begging me to help it. We held this stare for a good few moments and I felt pity, but soon it was gone as the diseased person got up and began after me. I didn’t waste time in leaving the disgusting scene and running, yelling out to warn the others. The zombie of course was slow, but I could have sworn the other ones were much slower. This one seemed to get closer and closer. I screamed as hard as I could, trying to get everyone’s attention. I turn around again and I could practically feel the fingertips along my back sending shivers down my spine. I heard a boom and the zombie was suddenly on the floor from the impact. I turned around to see Paul holding out a gun. He grabbed me and we soon joined the others in running out to the car with arms full of clothes and food. Niall had instead grabbed Louis by the arm, urging him to run. We entered the car with our stuff and drove off leaving behind skid marks. Who knows how long we drove for, but sometime that night we found another empty warehouse to sleep in. Before we went to bed, Harry, Paul and I went outside to use the “restroom”.

“Boys, please do me a favor and keep an eye on Louis. Please,” Paul asked Harry and me before walking back inside. Harry and me exchanged glances and I knew we both had the same thing on our minds. If Paul was this worried about Louis then something must truly be wrong. Paul is never ever anxious; this must have been a desperate moment. Within 5 minutes we were in our usual sleeping spots, but I couldn’t sleep. The only thing that crossed my mind was the fact that Louis had not said or done a single thing all day. He had not reacted to anything. All I could do was hope that he had enough soul left in him to last him till we get to Tom’s.  

(A/N) HEY GUYS! Wooo I finally uploaded as like a little holiday gift. Speaking of holidays... HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOUIS!! #21YearsOfSassAndAss Soo I reached over 10,000 reads which is crazy to me considering this summer I got excited when I got to 200... Umm so I love you guys *muah*. Ha.. I should really get to bed, it's 3 am. I'm gonna watch gossip girl though to get zombies out of my head, otherwise I might have a bit of a nightmare.. Hmm comment your opinions please! What do you think is gonna happen next? Who's gonna die first? SPOILER: SOMEONE DIES IN THE NEXT CHAPTER! Alright this is getting pointless so um how about 10 votes and 10 comments (each comment must be from a different person to count, you can still comment multiples times though :) ) and then I'll post the next chapter. Okay kik me at Dinazaslavsky anddd Ima give out my personal twitter.... its the exact same name as my kik so follow meee! Alright LOVE Y'ALL AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS XX