Chapter 27~ Cheyda

~ Dedicated to Wolfspaw32 & lilshadowwolf for their lovely comments(: ~

 **Note**

This just ugh, tension is happening between the kids ok? Thanks for sticking around my beautimous readers, I promise you that there's big things are around the corner, big BIG things. [I Have Been Waiting More Than Four Years To Get These Big Things Written And Uploaded. It's Happening My Friends.]

Thanks as always for reading. You guys are the best, most patient readers in all of Wattpadia~~~<3

Chapter Twenty-Seven~ Cheyda [Bretts]

It was a dreary Saturday morning, considering that I was still awake at 4 am. It had almost been twelve hours since we all talked with Kiyoshi at Lupe’s apartment, and I had been mulling it over ever since. Kiyoshi had dropped quite a bit of information on us, yet I felt it like it barely helped at all. It felt like the same old recycled information that her and the other three adults kept spouting at us before: balance each of our element, come into unity, and then Rebirth. Honestly I didn’t know how many more times I could take listening to the same sermon again. It was easy enough to tell a group of teens how they should feel and act, but quite another to actually help them get to that mindset.

At the moment I was most concerned about Lupe. I was afraid to go to sleep, for fear I would wake up screaming with the image of her consumed by that ever-growing scar. I had realized several days ago that by being emotionally aware of other people as well as being an emotional basket case myself, I was the weakest link of the four. Even using the emotional wall to buffer people’s inner pain and sudden emotional swings was hurting Lupe and in turn the Elementals as a whole. I guess the best thing I could do for now was stay away from people . Basically the only thing I could do was to do nothing. 

On the few occasions that Lupe or Jacobi dragged me to unofficial Elemental meetings, they were nothing but trouble. Lupe had developed a new game she had told me was called “PAZ”, which stood for Project Annoy Zen. The first time she told me about it I begged her not to purposely try to annoy him, but it only seemed to fuel her even more. So I stopped mentioning it, hoping that it would be a phase she would burn through and be done within a few days. However on the third week, Lupe was still going strong with her barrage of redundant questions, ridiculous statements, and overdone mockery and mimicry of Zen, and he was starting to show visible signs of irritation, which was the same as somebody else beginning to have a meltdown.

This particular disastrous day started out rather hot; by 9 am it was already eighty-three degrees, I just knew it was going to be a miserable day. But what I wasn’t expecting was for it to boil into absolute chaos by the time the sun touched the horizon.

It was probably just after noon and we four Elementals were gathered round in a powwow fashion in Zen’s bedroom. Zen had graciously supplied us a delicious lunch of lo mein. He was sitting with proper posture in his computer chair, holding his bowl in his lap. He was giving Lupe a visible look of disdain. She was in a sloppy cross-legged slouch on the floor as she heartily devoured her meal, dropping noodles on her lime green shorts as well as the immaculate wood flooring. In all honesty I couldn’t tell if the spilling was intentional; she could be an awfully messy eater.

Jacobi and I sat next to each other on a leather loveseat. With care I sat down my own plate and cup and excused myself. I hurried to the kitchen, grabbed a roll of paper towels, and brought them back for Lupe. Utter silence had blanketed the room. Zen’s irritation was in a steady climb. He was shooting daggers at Lupe. She merely gave a lopsided grin back at him. I glanced over at Jacobi, he widened his eyes to show his discomfort, but I could feel it all too well. Neither Jacobi nor I knew how to defuse the tense situations that arose more and more often between Zen and Lupe. I began stretching the roll of paper towels toward Lupe, thought better of it, and began wiping the mess up myself.