Chapter 2~ Cheyda

A/N: Cheyda is pronounced; CH as in CHarge or CHap, not SH. Like Chaye-duh [that's how your pronounce her name] Anyhoo onto the story!

------------------------------------------------------------- 

Cheyda [Bretts]~ Chapter Two

A rush of chilly air swirled about me as I shut the door and entered the darkly cool house. I inhaled the fresh air deeply before walking towards Mom, who was in the living room. The stress of Dad's outburst had left her sobbing softly. Anguish emanated from her in slow deep waves. I could feel the sorrow that engulfed her and I had to once again suppress my own flood of tears, attempting to block off her emotions from my own with little success. After taking a short silence I cautiously approached her. She was facing away from me and I placed my arm gently on her shoulder. She stifled her current sob before facing me.

"Do you think that he's really going to go through with the divorce this time?" I asked.

"I don't know Cheyda, that's the worst I've seen him yet. I'm sorry to put you through this." She added with sharp guilt.

The sharpness of it caused me to pause before responding. "It's not exactly fine, but I am more worried about you than me. How are you holding up?"

She shook her head. "I don't know. I think that I just need some time to myself. Thanks for your concern sweetie."

 "You should take a break then." I told her empathetically. I needed a break too, and I couldn't even imagine how much of one she needed.

 She soon left the room. Slowly breathing in and out I emptied my head of her emotions of guilt and pain. I had known that my parents' split was imminent. Their fighting had always been common throughout my younger years. With each passing week, month, and year it had only gotten worse. I watched as their once strong love for each other diminished into a crumbling marriage. Each look, sharp word, or communication of any sort had recently held nothing but malice from either one. Knowing that my parents were going to divorce hurt, but I had seen it coming long before this day. I had long since prepared myself for the final split and now that it was really going to happen I felt more relieved than anything. Although having our own family circus on display was somewhat humiliating, with all those neighbors that had been watching Dad's outburst this morning. He had always been somewhat of a dramatic type.

 I needed to talk my stress out and I needed somebody who would listen to me ramble on about my pathetic emotions without judging or making things more complicated. I ran down the hall, eager to get my phone. I went to my nightstand, which currently held a small alarm clock and my white purse. With my simple razr phone in hand I speedily sent a text to one of my greatest friends; Zen Allan.

 Hey, are you busy? I always used proper sentences when texting him because he used them as well. Zen was an almost professional kind of person and it was something that I liked that about him.

 I only waited a few moments before receiving his reply. Not really. Save me from my family please.

 I laughed. Ok great, want to go to Starbucks?

His reply was almost instantaneous. Yes. I'm coming out now.

 I didn't reply, instead I grabbed my purse and headed out the door. Walking down the small path from my steps I glanced at Jacobi's house. It looked suspiciously empty, and I found myself wondering what his family was doing. I shook the curiosity off as I crossed the street over to Zen's. I stuffed my phone into my purse before slinging it over my shoulder as I crossed his lawn.