Chapter 1~ Jacobi

Hi there. Jacobi is pronounced "Juh-koh-bee"

                                 Say it with me here: Ja-co-bee

                                  Ya now you got it, Jacobi!

   Jacobi [Lewister]~ Chapter One

    The endless drone of the engine grated against my ears. Sure the sound was extremely muted and no more than a slight background noise, but it still bothered me. I had never liked such a noise while trying to enjoy my flight. After a few more painfully irritable jet engine filled moments the captain came on over the speaker. "Good afternoon folks, we will be landing in Boston in twenty minutes." A few small sighs of thankfulness resounded throughout the cabin. My legs seemed to sigh as well. They had known nothing but cramped space for the past several hours.

I glanced down to my left where my 6-year-old sister was making a small ruckus in glee. She was giddily bouncing up and down in her seat and her light blonde hair bounced up and down as well.

I tried to make her stop with a harsh glare but it was no use.

She started humming.

"Talia." I hissed under my breath, hoping to avoid Mom and Dad's attention.

She cast a devious grin my way. "Yes Jacobi?" She asked while still obnoxiously bouncing.

I gave another curt hiss. "Quit."

She didn't.

I gave up immediately; knowing that if I tried to make Talia stop, Mom would give me a disapproving look with a following lecture. So instead I took the next few moments attempting to stretch out my legs with little success. I loved flying, but hated sitting in middle class seating. Being 6'5 had some disadvantages. Having to sit in cramped spaces was one of them. Eventually the plane landed in a bearable amount of time and I shot up with relief, hunching slightly over so as to not hit my head on the ceiling. My legs ached purely and I shook them out while waiting for the passengers to grab their luggage and head out.

Upon entering the terminal, I was once again the target of Talia's annoyingness. This time it was endless chatter. "Wow what do you think it'll be like? Our house? Will we have nice neighbors? Do you think there will be any girls for me to play with? Will we get a dog? Can I name him Tater Tot?"

As the crowd thickened near the luggage carousel our family knitted closely together, Talia still yacking. Mom secured her hand and pulled her in between herself and me. While Talia craned her neck up at me and kept on blabbing about her imaginary Tater Tot, Dad pulled out a crinkled map. He was probably the only dude on the face of the planet who would be willing to ask anyone or anything for the directions. He scuffed his medium brown hair around a few times in an antsy way, proving he didn't quite know the location of our new house yet.

I shook my head and turned away from Talia, hoping Mom would answer her tirade of questions.

"I don't know honey, perhaps. We are going to a nice neighborhood, so you're bound to make some kind of friends." Mom told her encouragingly. She paused. "Also, are you sure about the name Tater Tot?"

Talia waved her answer off. Icy blue eyes planted solely on me. "Ya, but Jacobi what do you think?"

I sighed knowing I'd have to answer. "You'll make plenty of friends, kid. And Tater tot is a weird name." I mumbled. Mom craned her head slowly at me, with The Eye boring down on me, well more up at me. Don't upset your sister that look warned.