WANTING THE TRUTH?

CHIKA'S P.O.V:-

Sighing, I rubbed the fabric of my cloak between my fingers. I was utterly lost at what to do. Raji had stared at me with a hardened look which I couldn't escape. I had to tell him the truth and I did.

Which he took as, me blabbering nonsense at first then laughed as if it was joke. I don't blame him, if I was in his shoes, I would have done the same thing. Who would believe that a girl just fell in a place where she doesn't belong and became a girl that didn't exist before.

"Your highness, the carriage is ready" I woke up from my thoughts when I heard knocking. A frown etched it's way on my face as I glared at the door behind which a maid obviously stood.

I pulled the cloth over my shoulders and headed to the door opening it not before plastering presentable expression on my face even though it was one of the least thing I wanted to do.

"Riana, I told you that I won't be taking the carriage." I stated, calmly. She gave me worried look while her eyes swam with fear of being punished.

"But Princess Yume...h–how else with you travel to the market?" She asked nevertheless. I sighed again. Ever since I returned from Clarines, everyone is keeping a distance from me even my siblings. Yet again, I don't blame them. I pushed my way passed her.

"By foot." I merely replied as I padded on along the hallway. The maid however didn't let me go peacefully. She was right next to me in a minute and pestered me to stop and consider again. I didn't want to! If there are dangers outside as she says then I would be more than willing to go alone!

A soft gasp escaped her lips as she froze. I turned and realized I had had spoken out loud. She must think I am a psychotic person. Which maybe I am. I don't know anymore. As much as I wanted to comply with my mind, I turned to face her properly and ordered her to come along with me if she wanted to.

She nodded eagerly and hurried off to get ready. The small whiff of air from beside me, directed my attention towards the sky outside the window. I took a deep breath of the cool air. The clouds covered the most of the sky, blanketing the heat of sun behind them. Occasional strong whooshes of cold breeze blowing.

It is my type favorite weather.

Yet I feel the absolute worst.

OBI'S P.O.V:-

I been staring at the leaf in my hand, in silence. But just now, after how who knows how long, I realized it. I growl in frustrating while crumpling the leaf with one hand and tugged on my hair with the other.

What have I done?

It's been a while since I touched her, I was waiting for another opportunity to arrive again. And when it did, did I satisfy my urges?

No.

Because it was not the way I imagined.

I hurt her.

But I had a pretty good reason for doing it. That's what I been telling for few days. I am trying to reason myself that she wasn't her. She couldn't be her.

If she was her, she wouldn't laugh that hard when I played a prank on master. She wouldn't go around without her katana. She wouldn't glance around the castle ground as if she doesn't know her way.

If she was her, she wouldn't blush when Prince Izana placed a flower in her hair.

'But if even of she wasn't her, you shouldn't have hurt her', A tiny voice inside my head kept reminding me. She looked so scared and venerable—

"Obi," I heard master calling me from his study's terrace. I sighed, shaking myself out my thoughts. "Come here this instant" he continued. He sounded urgent.

"Whats wrong, master? Something happened to Miss?" I replied, finally stepping beside him. He had a frown on his face and brows knotted in thought.

"Hmm?...no, not her but I have been trying to figure something out for few days but I am at a loss—"

"That's why you have me for." I cut in between. He looked up and stared at me for a while.

"You the least person I would ask to use his brain," He finally replied with a sigh.

"Hey—"

"But I am willing to give it a try. Obi, do you remember when Raji and Yume paid us a visit but then left abruptly?" He looked straight ahead. And I was thankful for that or he would have seen me flinch.

"...Yes?" I answered hesitantly. I need to see where this is going.

"Do you know the reason why they left so quickly? Did you notice anything unusual?"

Yes, it was because I hurt and frightened her. But I couldn't fess that up.

"No, I didn't but that day I felt weird. I can't explain it"  I lied yet I didn't. Zen didn't turn to look at me.

"Its just that...how do I say this––I know why they left suddenly," My eyes widened. Does he know? Was I seen?  "Yume was injured. I saw it myself,". He continued, as he finally turned to me. I took a step back.

"No–Master...Uh–I can explain, its because that She–no I—"

I was stopped by his chuckling, all of a sudden.

"Obi, it's okay,"  He breathed out between his laughs.

"It is...?" I said, slowly.

"Yes, you don't to be that nervous. I think it's perfectly fine to laze around once in a while. She was not your duty anyway. Gosh–I never thought I would see this anxious side of you" He wiped his almost nonexistent tears smiling while I stood dumbfounded, processing everything.
I finally let out a shaky laugh.

"You get scary when your angry. Besides, I take my duties very seriously—anyways, what's up with princess getting injured?" I forced out a small smile, rubbing my neck sheepishly. I felt pathetic.

"About that...yes, I am very worried. You didn't notice anyone injuring her nor did the guards. Then I suppose she injured herself. I wanted to confirm with you side I noticed you two seemed close few months back." He finished sighing.

"Us? No, that was just small talk...really..." I regrettably let the words roll out of mouth. This feels painful.

"Obi, are you okay? No need to overthink it. She changed lately, Yume, I mean."

"She did, didn't she!? You noticed that too?" I blurted out before I could stop myself. Master gave me a weird look.

"I thought you didn't see her when she came?"

"I–uh...I just saw her at the gate...yes, she was laughing hard. What was up with that?" I placed my finger on a chin as to show I was in thought. He will see through me...

"I was told by Lord brother. Apparently, he noticed her change too, so he had made Raj explain to him. Raj says that she had hit her head when the earthquake came since she was found on the floor the next morning by the maids. They say she has lost her memories"

Huh? That doesn't make sense...she told me something else.

"Morning after the earthquake, you mean?" I asked him.

And he nodded.

I knew it. Something wasn't right. She couldn't have been at Tanbarun unless she....

"Master, I need to go to Tanbarun for this. There's something I need to confirm"

I must talk to her.

(EDITED)

Votes are appreciated and comments are welcome!