16: Aftermath

Aelita could hardly believe it! They had done it! They had finally deleted Xana!

"All right!" Odd yelled. "Xana, consider yourself deleted!"

Kyle looked around as the monsters around them also disappeared, though he wasn't as enthusiastic. Ulrich and William went forward to check on Owikawa. Thankfully, he was still alive. His injuries were moderate.

"He will live." Ulrich said. "Though he could use a doctor..."

"Hey, what's with you?" Odd asked, looking at Kyle. "I thought you'd be glad to take down Xana."

"Apparently, we aren't the only ones who are." Kyle pointed down to the ground below. The area around the tower was surrounded with a crowd, and tons of news reporters with cameras.

"Um... Jeremie?" Yumi said. "Is there anything on the international news about this?"

Jeremie was silent. Then, he spoke up.

"Sorry guys... The secret's out. There's nothing I can do about it this time..."

"What do you mean?" Odd said. "We could just use a return to the past, and..."

"No, you don't get it Odd!" Jeremie snapped. "The police are here with teachers and the Principal from the school, and they've found the elevator! It's too late! The secret is out! They want to know where you are..."

Everyone looked at each other, the expressions on their faces a twist of surprise and numbness.

"They found it?!" Kyle exclaimed. "How?!"

"I don't know..." Jeremie said. Then, they heard another voice on the feed. It was Jim, the PE teacher, demanding Jeremie to tell them what was going on.

"Great..." Odd said with a deadpan. "Combine this with all the news, we might as well be waving around a large banner that says 'Lyoko Warriors' on it..."

They then heard a hatch on the roof open on Tokyo Tower. It was Gennai, with some policemen, secret service, and paramedics. The Digidestined were also behind them, with their Digimon.

"We have a lot to explain, don't we?" Kyle said.

"Don't worry." Gennai said. "As long as you are with me and the Digidestined, you will have protection. All they want is an explanation. I've already sent an envoy to Jeremie to help them explain things as well."

Kyle sighed. "Well, I guess we can kiss the supercomputer goodbye..."

"Acutally, no." One of the secret servicemen said. "Forgive me for not introducing myself, I am Yui Nakamura, of the United Nations special task unit. To be honest, we've been monitoring you and Project: Lyoko for a while. I just need to ask you a few things, and see how far the project has come since Franz Shcaffer's passing. I also have someone here who wants to see a Miss Aelita..."

Aelita walked forward, scared but being brave. "Who?"

"Your older sister, Miss Jeniffer Shcaffer." Yui answered. He motioned for someone to come forward. It was a lady with hair similar to Aeilta's, and a similar face. She was in her thirties.

"Aelita?!" She asked. "Aelita, is that you?"

Aelita then remembered her sister. She had left for her first years of college before Aelita and Franz were sealed in Lyoko!
"Jenny!" She ran forward, crying. Jennifer also broke down.

"Where have you been?" Jenny sobbed. "I had the whole country looking for you! Are you alright, Aelita?"

Aelita nodded. "I'm just glad to see you again..."

Kyle smiled. It was nice to see something good came out of this whole thing. Kyle then went over to Owikawa. He was conscious, and being loaded onto a gurney.

"You and the Digidestend may have fowled up my plans and destroyed Xana... But I will return, and find a way to get to the Digital World..."

"Yeah, and we'll be ready for it." Kyle said, walking back over to the group. "Count on it." He turned to the group. "Now, which one of you guys could go for a coffee while we explain everything to Mr. Yui?"

The group nodded in unison. For after this, there would be a special task unit for monitoring the Real world and the Digital Plane, as it would now be known. They would be known as the Lyoko Warrior task unit. Their Mission: To monitor and protect both worlds from harm, and maintain the balance.

THE END