3: Power Play

Sewers below Kadic academy

10:00 PM

Kyle, Mike, and Kev walked through the Sewers, following the map Kyle got off of Jeremie's Computer.

"So what do you think we'll find in this supercomputer?" Micheal asked.

"Some answers." Kyle said flatly. "That's what you wanted to find, isn't it?"

"Something tells me you're after more than just that." Micheal said.

"Like what?" Kyle asked, turning to face Micheal.

"That, I am not sure of yet." Micheal answered, a look of suspicion in his eye

Kyle gave Micheal a look of irritation. "Even if I was after something else, that would be my business, wouldn't it?"

Micheal frowned. He was silent after that.

They exited the sewers, climbing out of the manhole right in front of the factory. No one was around.

Kyle showed Micheal and Kev how to slide down the ropes to the elevator. They got in, and pressed the button, Kyle inputting the code on the elevator controls to get to the Supercomputer room.

They got off and saw the mainframe. Kyle went down a ladder two levels to the computer's core and turned it on.

"Everything powered up there?" He said, radioing via some walkie-talkies they brought.

"Yep. Everything is powered. You should get up here, Kyle. I've just accessed Belpois' diary on this thing..."

Several Hours later...

Kyle and his new found friends were stunned by what they learned from all of Jeremie's journal entries. It was hard to believe they had been living the same day multiple times.

"This is incredible!" Micheal exclaimed. "An entire virtual world! Hidden from us, out of sight!"

"And it's not the only one." Kyle said, getting out his Digivice.

"What do you mean?" Kev asked.

Kyle then showed them the Digivice and explained everything about what he knew, what he had experienced, from meeting his Digimon partner, all the way to their encounter with BlackWarGreymon several years ago. They were surprised, but they believed Kyle, and sympathized with him. After all, they knew how he felt. They had lost good friends too, though not in the same way as Kyle.

"So, I guess you want to try and use this to get us to this Digi-world?" Kev asked.

"Exactly." Kyle answered. "I don't know what kind of damage may already be done, but there will be more if we do not act soon." He got out a USB cable that went with his Digivice. "If I can connect this to the supercomputer, we could get Virtualization codes from it, copy those codes to the computer, and voilà! Instant trip to Digi-world! Plus, since the supercomputer reads into our minds, we can be armed in ways we've always imagined! We can stop BlackWarGreymon, and anything else that threatens Digi-world, and our world!"

"So, you're proposing we play 'hero'?" Micheal deduced. "Well, I got nothing better to do. How about you, Kev?"

"You think I'd miss this?! Heck yes, I'm in!" He said.

"Alright. Let's test out the virtualization tonight!" Kyle said. "I'll be the guinea pig for the Digi-world virtualization, since it's my idea. If I don't come back in one piece, you two know not to try it. Plus, that way, you can figure out how to reverse the sequence if it goes bad."

With that, Kyle plugged his Digivice into the USB cable, and the cable into a USB port on the supercomputer's main interface terminal. They then copied the codes from the digivice.

"I'll be down on the bottom floor. I'll let you know when I'm ready." Kyle said.

"Alright, then." Micheal said, cracking his knuckles as he sat at the interface terminal. "Time to work my magic! I'll start up the sequence. It'll be ready to go when you give us the signal."