Prologue: The Fallen

Underneath File Island

Digital world

Two years prior to the sealing of the worlds

"Come on, let's see what's in here..." Impmon said.

"Are you sure?" Kyle asked his digimon partner as they went deeper into the cave.

"Hey, you were the one who wanted to see it, so let's go! We won't explore it any faster just standing around here..." Impmon said. "Now let's go!"

They went deeper in, following the cave's trail. The cave then opened up into a giant underground city! With buildings carved straight from the rock! Crystals on the walls and ceiling lit the area, glowing with a blue aura! There were also statues of Digimon on the sides of the streets! It was quite a sight to behold!

"It's like walking through ancient Greece..." Kyle mused.

"What does grease have to do with this?" Impmon asked.

Kyle laughed. "No, not grease from food, Impmon! I meant Greece, as in the country? It' s a small country in the southeast of Europe."

"Oh, so we weren't talking about food... Okay." Impmon said. Then, he stopped walking, looking around. He glared at the rock

Kyle noticed, and stopped walking, turning to face his friend. "What is it, Impmon?"

Without warning, a wall near Kyle exploded. Kyle turned, and saw what had caused the explosion!

The silver and yellow armor... The Black Gauntlets and charcoal-shaded skin...

It was BlackWarGreymon, the deprived digimon that Arukenimon had made out of control spires! He didn't look happy.

"Another one of you... Maybe you will be different from the others." He started to walk towards Kyle.

"Impon, digivolve!" Kyle exclaimed, getting out his D-Power Digivice as Impmon threw himself between BlackWarGreymon and Kyle, as he warp-digivolved to Beelzemon!

"Look bub." Beelzemon said, drawing one of his guns at BlackWarGreymon as he walked to point blank range. "We are not looking for a fight. But we will defend ourselves, so back off!"

BlackWarGreymon glared at Beelzemon as if staring death in the face. "It's not like I have much to live for anyway... I can't find my heart, I don't even know if I have one... I was built only to fight. Guess I may as well fight until someone can overpower me. Let's see if you will be the one..." He charged at Beelzemon, knocking him into a building. BlackWarGreymon then jumped into the building.

"Beelzemon!" Kyle got out two power cards from his card deck. He looked at one, and swiped it through the digivice. "Digi-modify! Strength activate!"

Kyle heard a loud punch in the building, and saw BlackWarGreymon go flying into the ceiling. Beelzemon jumped out of the building, both his shotguns in his hands. He fired on BlackWarGreymon as he flew at him.

BlackWarGreymon shook off the weapons fire, and charged a Terra Destroyer orb in his hands. He threw it at the ground, and it exploded. Kyle had to take cover behind another building.

He then heard a lot of loud punches, and a lot of shots before he looked out again. Beelzemon was losing!

"Digi-modify! Speed activate!" Kylumi "Kyle" Yamika swiped the power card through his D-Power Digivice, giving his partner, Beelzemon, a much needed speed boost. The battle with BlackWarGreymon was not going in their favor. Kyle couldn't believe how stupid he was to come here, to this underground city, alone! Now they were in a battle way out of they're league.

Beelzemon dodged one of BlackWarGreymon's claws, shooting his guns. But it made no difference. He knew this was a one-way battle, but he needed to protect Kyle! His guns seemed to have little effect on this deranged Digimon! He fired off shots repeatedly, but they only seemed to slow him down as he ended up pinned against the wall. Beelzemon then knew there was only one way he could save Kyle.

"KYLE! RUN! RUN, AND DON'T LOOK BACK!" Beelzemon used his free hand to grab one of his shotguns and aimed for a support structure that held up the cavern they were in. Kyle, swiping a power card, had little choice to obey, as he ran for the cave entrance. The cave was collapsing rapidly, he had no time to look back. The cave approached an incline, and he tripped, but he couldn't stop, or he would die! He clawed his way up to the cave entrance, just before it collapsed, and continued to run until he was at a safe distance.

"Whew!" Kyle panted, out of breath. "Wow... That was a close one, wasn't it, partner?" He looked around. Beelzemon wasn't there. He called out for his partner, worried. Then, he looked behind him. The cave had completely caved in.

To his shock, and horror, all that remained of his Digimon partner was a red rag that lay near the entrance to the former cave, being digitized. He started to scream as tears ran from his eyes at he realized what had happened.

Beelzemon was gone.